Disabling/Changing the EQ on the 2011+ Head Unit

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by xluben, Apr 29, 2013.

1. xluben

xluben Well-Known Member

For anyone with a 2011+ (as far as I know) with the stock head unit, I found this info to be very useful. Originally was told about this by lkv, but then I found more info online. Here is a link to the original NASIOC thread:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2317060

What does all this info mean? Here's my quick summary:

Factory EQ:
    Sedan and Wagon mode are basically the same. Slight EQ tweaks on the front channels and basically zero bass from the rear speakers. Setting it to through mode will get full range (flat EQ) to all of the speakers.

Loudness Setting:
    Normally on. Your basic pop music/consumer audio EQ. Really pumped up bass and treble with reduced mids. Gets closer to flat as you crank up the volume. Depending on what music you like you might like this on.

Bass/Mid/Treble Adjustments:
    Basic adjustments that work as expected. Log based adjustment. Changes are less apparent at higher volumes.

My Overall Thoughts:
    Turning the EQ to Through mode will get you more bass out of the rear (may have to fade towards the front if it causes rattling). Turning Loudness off will give you less bass/treble, but will make the midrange much more noticeable. I turned mine to Through mode with the Loudness off and it's a lot easier to actually hear vocals. I like it!

And here are the relevant items from the NASIOC thread: