02? wrx

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by okdeal6905, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. okdeal6905

okdeal6905 New Member

yesterday driving home i say a sick blue wrx driving next to me on 94 east. Didn't know if it was anyone on here...lowered, nice wheels, gauges on the dash, exhaust, it looked awsome. Now after seeing this i have kind of taken a new view on the older wrx...what years were the bugeye wrx? and i know they are the 2.0 but hiow are they for power in consideration to the 2.5? what are people maxing out on for power on these?

2. Se7enrex

Se7enrex Well-Known Member

first and foremost there is a thread for seeing people on the roads..now...the bugeye was 02-03, then peanut(blob) 04-5, and hawk(pig nose)06-07
    the 2.5l engine didn't start until 06-07my(made in 2005 obviously)...so you wanna now know power differences...
    well the 2.5's really picked up in terms of mod ability and torque...

the 02-05's still pack a powerful punch and with comparibale tuning can still surpass the sti on stock motor/turbo...simple apu's(exhaust,tune,etc..)

the problem is the tranny(which 50% is folklore "cause i read on nasioc" stuff) is pretty weak comparatively..many people upgrade to 04-05 trannys due that they are roughly the same as RA gears.

people however can still make insane power with these motors....lets not forget that all rally subarus and japanese sti's(until recently maybe IDK) use the 2.0 engine....of course with much higher output but the 02 is very very very capable and still quite strong!

however!..most people will upgrade to an sti motor or hybrid/variation of it(ex. 2.5 block w/ wrx heads)...because stronger internals and everything else..........ALSO the 2.2t(turbo) motor out of a legacy ss(turbo) is a closed deck motor that many will argue is even stronger(in terms of the actuall block) than an sti motor!

still on a oem wrx 2.0 USDM motor with stock internals 300+ is easily feasible with the right tune and parts....but these just like any other engine have basically limitless possibilities if you have the money!

3. okdeal6905

okdeal6905 New Member

thanks for the info man im really figuring out which way to go with my purchuse of a wrx, and after yesterday the older car seems a little more appealing then before.....

4. Se7enrex

the bugeye is definitely a fan favorite, everybody loves em...i use to own an 02 bugeye with many modifications and now I own an 06 sti....if you have the cash I would go sti in a heartbeat..but as far as just a damn good wrx...bugeye all teh way!!!!!:)

5. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

Bugeyes are too damn cute to not love.

6. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

they are cute, remember, they had that bilboard a few years ago? "hi" is what it said, lmao....

7. Se7enrex

hahah

8. Iroc-Z

Iroc-Z Well-Known Member

I only have about $1500 in mods to my bug eye and I can spank allot of sti's

9. mnstilynwrx

mnstilynwrx Well-Known Member

could have been me! what time?

10. okdeal6905

okdeal6905 New Member

around 5 or so....i was driving a red and black tiburon with black wheels....

11. mnstilynwrx

mnstilynwrx Well-Known Member

oh nope. i also dont have wheels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.