'03 Outback brake pad suggestions?

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by trg, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trg

trg Well-Known Member

I have a friend whose pads are getting really low on her '03 Outback, and I'm wondering what I should put on for her. She's a pretty laid-back driver, so I'm wondering if EBC Ultimax or basic Mintex pads would be the way to go instead of ponying up for OEM, or if it's worth spending about the same as for OEM to get something like EBC Greenstuff.

Any thoughts on those or other suggestions would be great - TIA.

2. slavboy1

slavboy1 New Member

Well sounds like repeated hard braking isn't something that ya need to worry about so i'd say go with the cheaper EBC pads rather than greens, they're a reputable brand and if they cost less than OEM sounds good to me. Only thing is i don't know how long they last or how they wear the rotor, if they really chew up the rotors you might wanna concider just sticking with OEM. Hopefully someone who can tell their a$$ from their elbow will weigh in on this convo and help ya out.

3. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

cheap aftermarket ones seem to last the longest, they are hard as hell, and dont grip well, but man they are cheap!

4. prezawagon

prezawagon Well-Known Member

I used the cheap parts store (Raybestos brand I think) pads on a legacy and an impreza and wasn't really impressed with them. They were noisy and pretty dusty. I switched them out for OEM pads and rotors last summer on the impreza and was much happier with the performance, they're quiet and stop a little better than the cheap ones. For daily driving, OEM pads aren't bad at all, IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.