03 wrx dies many death - lemon law - need input

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by abrogado, Aug 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abrogado

abrogado New Member

Hi all,

My soon to be ex is having and has been having probs w/her car. I want to help in any way I can and I'm looking for input from y'all. I'm the guy from dyno day w/the forester that everyone thought was fong when I drove in...

NEway...she's got an 03 wrx. no mods. Repeatedly she's had probs with dead car. Battery drained. Charge battery and all is fine for a while. Been in to Bloomington Subaru at least four times for this. They are now denying that it has been in for more than two times for this problem. I KNOW how many times it's been in for it as we were still together for 3 times and it just went in for a fourth. AFter picking it up after the last visit when she was told nothing wrong, it died on the hiway on the way home.

Now, she's scared (understandably) do rely on it for transportation for her and her son. Bloom sub says, don't use AC...yeah right, what's it there for? She even has stock stereo, so no amps draining power or anything. I've parked it in a dark garage at night and looked for lights on, etc, even in the trunk. Nothing. Subaru has done battery load tests...nothing.

Anyone else had this problem or know of anyone who has? I would like input and names if possible so we can start a class action suit for this potentially dangerous situation.

Also posting on Nabisco...

Thanks for reading.

2. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

It looks like an alternator problem. If you don't know, an alternator charges the battery as the motor is running. If it dies, nothing is charging the battery to keep the car running. If you want to test it, let the car run and disconnect the negative at the battery. If it dies, that means your alternator isn't running the car.

By the way, you got a nice car! ;)

3. abrogado

abrogado New Member

howdy..

I believe it's on its second alternator and second battery. This has been going on since it was new.

forester powah.

4. DISCOPOPE

DISCOPOPE Well-Known Member

take it to brooklin park subaru. they rock.

i know on my older cars a bad battery, if ran too long would kill the alternator.
    so you replace the battery, but now your dammaged alternator starts killing the battery..

you replace the alternator, but your new battery is dammaged...... and so on.

5. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

when you do a battery test you can also do an alternator test... it is with a basic tool... they should have bene able to do that at least...
    I have had my 03 WRX since 900 miles of the lot... NO problems like that.. wish I could help point you in the right direction

6. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

Call my service manager Jeff Antonsen here at Brooklyn Park Subaru. He was our shop foreman for several years before they made him a manager. He's one of the best Subaru techs I've ever seen and he's the only one who I have work on my car. 763-582-7455 and ask for Jeff. He'll get you taken care of, just tell him I told you to call him. Good luck man.

7. Deride

Deride Well-Known Member

The only problem I've had with my RS since I bought it was battery problems. The first time Miller Hill Subaru replaced my battery, the second time they blamed it on my aftermarket accessories. So I said f it and went and bought a interstate top of the line battery haven't had a problem since. If I let it sit after I drove it, it wouldn't start for sh$t, dunno if that helps but I know first hand factory suby batterys are crap.

8. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

you can get it check by Battery plus, I think it's free to check it don't know but if you go to Nathan's shop he'll hook you up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.