05 LGT 5x114 conversion HELP!!

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Oak Leaf Auto Salvage, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Oak Leaf Auto Salvage

Oak Leaf Auto Salvage Vendor

Hey everyone,
    I don't like selling parts to people for conversions/swaps without knowing all the info and details I possibly can. So what better way to learn than from someone who has done it before.

If anyone here has swapped their lgt over to 5x14 knuckles/hubs could you please educate us all on what model years you used and what was all involved?

This is the only thread I have found and it talks about using 08+ sti fronts and then tribecca rears which I have never heard of doing (at least 08+ specific).
    http://legacygt.com/forums/showthre...5-lgt-129874.html?t=129874&highlight=hub+swap

I know there are a lot of LGT owners on here so I figured this was a good place to ask :)
    Thanks!

2. Subie Lovers

Subie Lovers Well-Known Member

Check out LegacyGT.com lots of great info about LGTs

Oak Leaf Auto Salvage likes this.
  3. GinNam

GinNam Well-Known Member

From what I've read, there is not a bolt on/swap that would work for the rears at the moment. Someone will must likely have to make a custom fabrication.

Oak Leaf Auto Salvage likes this.
  4. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

Why would you like to convert this? People usually change to use more aggressive wheels, but the legacy is really limited with what will fit.

5. Oak Leaf Auto Salvage

Customer has a set of 5x114 bbs and would like to be able to run them. 5x100 bbs especially in gold are pretty hard to come by (especially a set for decent price) so I guess I understand that aspect.
    Either way, It sparked my interest since not many have done it and figured I would try getting some info for the customer :)

6. kongzilla

kongzilla Well-Known Member

If that is all that he wants.

This is the cheaper route.

[​IMG]

readymix likes this.
  7. Oak Leaf Auto Salvage

Ya I threw that option at him as well. But just got off the phone with him and the conversion is off. Someone happened to have a spare set of 5x100 for him.

But another question, have you seen an lgt with a roof vane spoiler? I assume it would have to be an aftermarket one because I don't see the sti spoiler fitting the lgt.
    There is always something out there to stump ya ;)