05 Saab 9-2X Aero P0122 & P0442 codes, misfires and vacuum leak?

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by passenger 57, May 2, 2017.

1. passenger 57

passenger 57 Active Member

Hello everyone,

I have a 2005 Saab 9-2X Areo (mechanically the same as a 05 WRX) with the following mods:

Blouch 16G Turbo
    Walbro Fuel pump
    DeatschWerks Top Feed 650cc Injectors
    Ebay Top Mount Intercooler
    Manual boost controller
    Gimmick Motorsports Turbo Inlet Hose

I've had the P0122 & P0442 codes for a while now but the other day the CEL started flashing and the Saabaru started bucking, I was under mild boost, 5lbs or less. As I understand a flashing CEL means it was misfiring. Also my boost gauge has been showing about 14 in/hg of vacuum, which seem a bit low and it started around a week or 2 ago. I bought some 6mm silicone vacuum hose and started replacing lines. I found a broken connection in the rats nest next to the alternator and replaced all of those lines, no joy, still at 14 in/hg and after I cleared the codes, the P0442 & P0122 came back. However, I did not get any misfire codes.

P0122 is low voltage to throttle position sensor
    P0442 is a small evap leak

Talked to a mechanic and he recommended an compression & leak down test.........? Is this necessary?

I put brand new NGK BR6EIX spark plugs in a little over a year ago, on 4/26/16.

I'm gonna try new plugs, but need a bit of help with the other items, P0442, P0122 & possible vacuum leak. Any help is greatly appreciated

2. passenger 57

Changed plugs yesterday. Still misfiring...

3. project/driven

project/driven Well-Known Member

Swap coils, see if the misfire follows as the easy check. You're gonna want to do a compression test if the misfire doesn't follow the coil from the previous location

4. passenger 57

Just did a compression test, WOT and the engine was warm, here are the results:

Cylinder 1 - 140 psi
    Cylinder 2 - 145 psi
    Cylinder 3 - 146 psi
    Cylinder 4 - 150 psi

Does anyone have a leak down tester?? I would love to use it if possible. Text me if you have one available for use. 612-207-2030

Thanks

Kaleb

5. BAASaBOOS

BAASaBOOS Well-Known Member

My '05 Aero had a P0442 (it's stock) and (Subaru) dealer had to do smoke test to find the evap leak and fix it.

6. FarmR

FarmR Well-Known Member

i'd tackle the p0122. it might be the main cause.