06 sti clutch and flywheel replacement

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by strangefamous, Dec 23, 2016.

1. strangefamous

strangefamous Well-Known Member

It's only a stage 2 daily driver with 90k miles. I am thinking about attempting the replacement myself with the help of a buddy. I haven't decided on what clutch or flywheel I am going to go with yet but my plan is to drain fluid to drop the tranny. I have access to a shop with a lift and all the proper tools. I figured while I am doing it I may as well replace axle seals and shifter bushings etc. Any input on a replacement clutch for daily driving would be greatly appreciated. My main question. Is Turbo Turtle still around? I may just see if he would be willing to do it so I can sAve myself many hours of frustration and bloody knuckles. Let me know fellas! Thanks in advance.

2. Medic_538

Medic_538 Well-Known Member

3. strangefamous

Awesome. Thanks for the recommendation duder.

4. strangefamous

Anyone willing to help me? Will not be for another 3or4 weeks. I can provide beer, food and backrubs. I already have 1 extra hand.

5. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

I think Dan is in Florida still.

No need to drain the trans really. Just bag the trans end when you slide the driveshaft off and keep that end of the trans level or tipped up.

6. Medic_538

Medic_538 Well-Known Member

If you don't have a lift, drain the tranny. Its easier and cleaner. I failed at keeping it Level especially with having to beat that sucker to get it to come all the way free.

You prob need a fluid change anyway...... right.