07 foz daytime running light help

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Sanjay raval, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Sanjay raval

Sanjay raval Member

Last week on wednesdaywhen i brought my foz into my dealership for an oil change they saidmy DRL is out and i told them i thought it was my low beam lights and they said theres a small strip on top of the head light assembly that is the DRL. So i need help to find out what size bulb it is or even if its a DRL... The dealership has told me several things have been have wrong and it turns out to be an easy fix, so im a bit skeptical

Thanks

2. skubi1

skubi1 Well-Known Member

Mine's a newer one, but the DRL on mine are the high beams. The little ones on top are called the parking lights. Those turn off when you put in in drive (or gear) and go.

3. Sanjay raval

Sanjay raval Member

Yeah i have the parking light button on top of the steering column. Said those needed to be replaced... so i think they made me get them replaced even though last i remember they were fine. Just trying to figure out if i have the lights they say i do beacause in the almost year ive had my car, i havent seen them on

4. accord917

accord917 Well-Known Member

I had an 08 forester sport. The drl for our cars are the highbeams. The light strip lights comes on as well (for drl) and are just regular bulbs that you can easily change yourself.

5. Sanjay raval

Sanjay raval Member

What size bulb is it and could you give me instruction/advice on how to do it?

6. accord917

accord917 Well-Known Member

replied to your pm

7. skubi1

skubi1 Well-Known Member

parking light is bulb type 168, at least Sylvania's are.