07 foz mods

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by Sanjay raval, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Sanjay raval

Sanjay raval Member

Any suggestions on what mods would be able to make small power gains? i want to do uel headers so i get that signature subie rumble but i also want to try to gain some minor power gains for it being a stock 07 4eat foz x

Any suggestions are appreciated

2. skubi1

skubi1 Well-Known Member

If it's the 2.5X (NA), you're pretty much limited to intake, exhaust and tune unless you want to dump a ton of money on internals, which would be MINOR power gains for a LOT of money. I'd just dump that money into handling mods if it were mine. If it's XT, that's another story depending on how much you want to spend.

3. blackozone

blackozone Well-Known Member

All mods on NA's are for small power gains. Save up for an XT.

4. Sanjay raval

Sanjay raval Member

Any suggestions than to get the signature subie rumble?

Also my heat shield is loose, any suggestions on what to do for that? my dealership didnt really explain it besides it being a heat shield

5. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Unequal length headers + STi axleback.

And heat shield can be removed/replaced.

6. Sanjay raval

Sanjay raval Member

Where would i find afordable uel and an axleback? loving the broke college enthusiast life lol. and how would i take the heat shield out, would it affect anything?

7. tangledupinblu

When you are living the broke college life, even used aren't cheap.

Honestly, none of it is worth it. Maybe get a good subaruble sound clip and play it in the headphones when driving? Lol

Heat shield: crawl under car, locate loose shield, remove. I haven't had heat shields for like 10 years on mine.

8. predavore

predavore Well-Known Member

Or... you can figure out if the problem is at the bolts on the side of cats or at the clamp on either end of them. If it's at the clamps, not much you can do but remove. If it's at the bolts, you can either drill and rivet or bend at the bold to keep the top/bottom from rattling. Just pinch with a pliers and bend down next to the rusted bolts. It works....

tangledupinblu likes this.
  9. tangledupinblu

^Or that!

10. predavore

predavore Well-Known Member

Bush fix...

11. tangledupinblu

Fixt.

12. skubi1

skubi1 Well-Known Member

Find someone with a 06-08 STi and see if they have their old cat back they're not using. It'll open it up a little and give you more of the rumble. Fart can if you want chopsticks with your rice. As for heat shields, they're there for a reason. They cover the catalytic converter which gets very hot. If you are going cross country, you could "possibly" start a fire if you park in longer grass without them.

13. tangledupinblu

Stay off the grass bro! :)

Ntxhuav_Khang and Sanjay raval like this.
  14. Sanjay raval

Sanjay raval Member

@skubi1 or @tangledupinblu In my driver side door, when im on the highway or freeway, theres whistling in my door, driftin240 said its the gusset in my door, any suggestions on what to do about that?

15. tangledupinblu

Maybe pick up some sound deadening? It is really easy to remove the door card. Then you just have to peel back the plastic (look out for the black sticky adhesive) and put sound deadening on urything! Brian knows his stuff, if he says gusset, it's the gusset.

Sanjay raval likes this.
  16. skubi1

skubi1 Well-Known Member

The window is frameless, is it not? I know a lot of Impreza owners complain about the same buffetting noise. Has to do with the seal between the window and the roof/pillars.