'08 Ojibwe Forest Rally photos

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by comicozzie, Aug 26, 2008.

1. comicozzie

comicozzie New Member

Hi gang-

I finally was convinced by enough people at Ojibwe to join the forum. I've been taking photos at the event for 22 years now. I started back in my early college days for fun and it progressed to getting rally photos published in magazines, newspapers, oil company ads, and even a Swedish college textbook on physics!? I've been doing this for years and I wouldn't recommend standing as close as I do to get the shot. I've learned WHEN to back up and when to RUN! Here's a few shots from this past weekend. If you missed it just plan on going to Lake Superior Perf. Rally in mid-October. IMHO, it's way more fun!!!

Here's the link: http://www.comicozzie.com/gallery2/v/2008/OF08/

A few of the better shots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enjoy,
    Jerry Winker
    ComicOzzie RallySport Photography
    www.comicozzie.com

2. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Well-Known Member

Hey there Jerry, or should we call you APEX? :biggrin:

(He acted as the apex of a 170-180 degree corner on stage 8 while snapping pictures...it was pitch black.):slayer: This is a man that's NOT afraid it get into the action.

Nice to see you on here, excellent photos!

3. mayhem83

mayhem83 Well-Known Member

Jerry also has the distinction of being my first rally navigator/co-driver. He is really high on the rally virus tree.

I love this shot. Great light, lots of motion and people in the frame. Excellent.
    [​IMG]

4. boomer

boomer Well-Known Member

APEX! You made it. Glad to see you found your way here. My wife and I were the ones you scared the crap out of and then BSed with for half the day on Friday.

5. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

Great job capturing these moments. The Stange really looks like its in its natural environment. Now imagine if we had a few more Mustangs, it will be almost like in the seen from City Slickers II. LOL

6. Gridlocked

Gridlocked Well-Known Member

Jerry!!!
    Welcome. Good to see you on here! I haven't talked or heard from you in a long time. Like always, great photography. I remember running with Karl, we would be in the middle of a stage and fully in the "red-mist-groove" :p and all of the sudden, from no where, POW! Blinded by a flash that came from somewhere completely out of the blue. I'd say to Karl "I bet that was Jerry, and I bet he's full of ticks..." or something.

-ted

7. TheHoboMan

TheHoboMan Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site! Man I really wish I woulda made it out after looking at the pics, I wanted to see that Mustang going sideways.

8. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Any further into the vegetation and you'd need to be repainting that thing green and yellow.

9. mayhem83

mayhem83 Well-Known Member

No salad in that corner

We were not IN the rhubarb at the moment that pic was taken and the momentum of the car kept the tires on the road surface. We may have polished the bumper cover with some alfalfa but the important parts never left the road surface.

Suffice it to say that driving the Mustang is, well....challenging.

10. greg donovan

greg donovan Well-Known Member

Mark,

if busy hands are happy hands you must be the happiest guy out there.

11. rallywife

rallywife New Member

Jerry,

Thanks for posting the pics! Great shots as always!

Carrie