'08 STI - Best deal in MN? Dealers welcome..

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Speedfreak, Feb 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Speedfreak

Speedfreak Well-Known Member

'08 STI - Black Obsidian Pearl w/ BBS and Nav? Dealers welcome..

I'm helping a friend buy an STI and have a few questions. First, I believe there is a 2.9% financing deal, does that apply to the STI? Second, can the gold BBS and Nav package be bought on a black or charcoal car(maybe special order)? Third, who has the best deal, or what is the best deal on STI's in town(or anywhere for that matter)? Any help is appreciated, TIA.

2. Nuke

Nuke Well-Known Member

got your vaseline ready?

3. Taras

Taras BANNED

LOL! And now you will need to bendover.

4. Speedfreak

Because of the prices? Or because you think the thread is crap?:???:

5. Taras

Taras BANNED

I asume prices. 08 stis are still very expensive.

6. Speedfreak

OK, thats what I thought, but you never know on forums..

7. RallyNavvie

RallyNavvie Well-Known Member

Good luck getting the 2.9% financing. I have an average credit score of 750 between the three bureaus and can't get better than 6% from SOA's banks. Keep in mind also that the low interest financing is for 24 months so if you can afford that then you can easily afford the higher interest rate spread out over a longer period.

As to prices the 08 models are going to be going for near MSRP even with our best dealers. The flagship dealer in Plano (who have hijacked my LGT for the week) was telling me that they're going to absolutely whore the STi out to anyone that bites and not deal on the price at all. However they offered me a sweeeeeeet deal on their last remaining 07 Spec B (which I almost took if it wasn't silver, had those ugly wheels, and that stupid spoiler).

8. webcrawlr

webcrawlr Well-Known Member

It all depends on when you go and how much you push it. I'm under 6% using Subaru (Chase).

OP:
    I thought I saw a thread somewhere with a dealer selling an 08 at 500 under MSRP.

9. rabbit

rabbit Well-Known Member

1. Yes it does apply to STI's but its on approve credit for 24 months
    So if your ballin this is just a estimate guys:

financed $40,000
    0 money down
    2.9% rate
    24 months
    monthly payment $1717.48

2. NO. Sorry gold wheels are only available on White and blue.

3. These are hot new cars right now so supply and demand. If you are serious enough hit me with a PM. (White Bear Subaru)

10. AspitFire

AspitFire Well-Known Member

not true, i was easly accepted for subarus 1.9% financing in 2004, and that is when i was 22.

11. 9blackmax6

9blackmax6 Well-Known Member

white bear subaru has got a wrb one with goldies for 39k

12. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Why not just call the local dealerships? Posting on here isnt going to help you much....

13. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

tier 1 or 2 should be able to get you that rate...700+ becon is good enough...95% of the time, income also plays a role..

14. Back Road Runner

Back Road Runner Well-Known Member

15. Speedfreak

We have, but figured why not try here to cover all bases..

I think for a good deal, we'd go anywhere.

16. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Buy the cheapest model. Buy some used BBS from the forum and an aftermarket Navi and your set for alot less than $5,783.

2cents

17. RallyNavvie

RallyNavvie Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm not really certain what their deal is on my credit. I can get a locked 4% on a mortgage yet a car dealership won't offer me better than 6% for my 4th Subaru purchase? I'm sure I could push it and get better but for that trouble I'd rather just go through my credit union for the loan. I've pored over my 3 credit reports and can't find anything that would affect it, I'm at a loss. Oh and 60k+ FWIW...

See I'm surprised they're willing to deal on the STi up there where there is always a demand for AWD performance cars. Down here they're still pretty rare, in fact I see at least one Evo for each STi which I never saw when I was up there. I was told they were locking them in at MSRP here until late spring when the other 08 models started rolling in. In fact I also heard a rumor that the 08 Legacy was being delayed to try to push more WRXs first. Same story up there?

18. SubieDave

SubieDave Well-Known Member

36,537 with the bbs and nav package is one hell of a deal!

The gold bbs and nav package are ONLY available with the white and black sti's. Sucks

19. webcrawlr

webcrawlr Well-Known Member

Think you meant white and WRB. ;)

20. Speedfreak

It's amazing how hard it is to find a Black Obsidian Pearl '08 STI with BBS and NAV. We have been working with Melissa from BP Subaru and she has been great, but they have a blue, and are having a hard time getting a black with the right options.

At this point, I think anywhere in the country may be OK if anyone can find one.

21. austinpike

austinpike Well-Known Member

This guy wrote a script to search STi inventory nationwide. You still have to click through each state/dealer but it is a lot better than going through each individual site. Don't know how current the info is but it gives you a place to start.
    http://www.sutternow.com/sti/

Just clicking around a bit I found one here:
    http://www.fitzmallsubaru.com/VehicleSearchResults?search=new&make=Subaru&model=Impreza+WRX&trim=STI

STI 5-Door with VDC, Silver BBS Wheels and NAVI Manual Obsidian Black Pearl
    Even lists an "internet price" of $37,674 :)

This guy did a similar thing but listed them all, last update was over a month ago though:
    http://www.iwsti.com/forums/2008-sti-discussion/108591-1-7-2008-dealer-inventory-153-stock-4.html

cross checking that with the first page shows another one here:
    http://www.wagnersubaru.com/VehicleSearchResults?search=new&make=Subaru&model=Impreza+WRX&trim=STI

22. bikerwriter

bikerwriter Well-Known Member

Get creative. If you have a home, maybe you can take out a second mortage at a better rate. Use that money to buy the Subaru (an STI certainly improves the value of your home!) and deduct the mortgage interest that you pay. Now you have a goverment subsidized STI... :biggrin:

Muhahaha!!!!

23. Soupboy

Soupboy Well-Known Member

Just make sure you get an honest appraisal on your house otherwise if you have to move you'll be selling the STi, at a discount, just to get out from under your mortgages!

Fully leveraged real estate FTW!

24. bikerwriter

bikerwriter Well-Known Member

Well, of course it wouldn't work if you were planning to sell your house in this market. Selling homes FTL. But if you are planning on staying for a while it may be worth considering.

25. Soupboy

Soupboy Well-Known Member

Depends on how you want to look at it. If a lender was dumb enough to advance you a bunch of cash on a second lien on your house you could theoretically let the house get foreclosed on and still have your new STi since it would be unencumbered!:yumyum:

[your prospective personal bankruptcy notwithstanding:ugh:]

26. rabbit

rabbit Well-Known Member

If you guy's are serious enough I can get what you want. I'm not trying to bash her but know how the managers work over there. There not that hard to find. They just want to sell what's in inventory with out having to do a dealer trade thats a couple states away.
    Also we just sold a WRB 08 STI and the guy wanted silver wheels instead of gold wheels.(he's a very cool guy who would be willing to trade) So if you want to make a purchase soon please let me know as I have access to the search sites which Brooklyn Park Subaru sales people don't. ( I should know I use to work there and they always kept me in the dark). So PM me if you are interested.:biggrin:

27. Nuke

Nuke Well-Known Member

Just say it out loud that they suck :biggrin:

28. Speedfreak

Thats good info, thank you. I'll be checking into the one you listed.

You have PM.

29. racerx321

racerx321 Well-Known Member

Maybe obvious or recently posted (sorry, I don't get on here too often), but the Subaru VIP program is worthwhile knowing about. Basically get your Subie at invoice without needing to haggle/play hardball.

Rumor mill says '08 STI is on the VIP program as of 3/1/08.
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1392344&page=4

Salesperson at Bloomington Subaru is to get back to me on Monday regarding if this is true or not. I'll post up when I get a reply.

Note: Downside is that if you're not already a member of a VIP-affiliated organization (like international mountain biking association/IMBA), you'll have to wait 6 months to qualify.

30. Speedfreak

That is interesting. But he is looking to buy asap, so will not work.. But with the BBS and Nav options(and a few other small ones), I wonder what the actual price may be? The deal Austinpike posted seems pretty good considering the options included.

31. Speedfreak

Posting on this forum turned out to be the best decision I made(read below)...

austinpike thank you very much for the link to the '08 STI blk/bbs/nav in Maryland(Fitz Subaru), that car is now part of the MN crew. I happened to be in Cleveland taking a Tig welding class at Lincoln Electric, and my friend bought that STI and met me in Cleveland. We drove home together and got home about a half hour ago.

He said that dealer is the most legit dealership he's dealt with and everything went very smoothly.

32. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Well-Known Member

Nice!! Welcome to the club!

33. austinpike

austinpike Well-Known Member

That is awesome, congrats! If your friend wanted to thank me with a test drive I wouldn't turn it down. ;)

34. Speedfreak

Thanks, I'm sure we'll be at the midway with it..

lol, I'm sure he'll be open for something or another once he's had it for a little while and the weather gets nice out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.