09 WRX - St. Cloud Subaru

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by JuStaWRX, Sep 15, 2011.

1. JuStaWRX

JuStaWRX Well-Known Member

My cousin is checking this car out, and did a test drive today. He loves it (of course)! He called tonight and asked if there was anything that he should be particularly careful about with that model year. I am not very familiar with that MY, but was wondering if anyone has any advice?

Also, anyone familiar with that car (I'm not sure about color, but know that it is an 09, and a Premium).

Thanks in advance! Have a great weekend!

2. ofspunk7

ofspunk7 Well-Known Member

The only thing I have really seen with my year is the clutch going out around 36K. It doesn't happen to everyone, but I have seen a lot of posts about it happening to people on 3Gwrx. You can always search that forum as well to see what else you find. I am not sure if I believe the clutch thing is really and 09 WRX issue.... or bad drivers buying 09 WRX's. Mine is at 42K and I have no issues with my clutch and my car is not stock.

3. JuStaWRX

Thanks man, I appreciate that. He is looking at a silver 09 sedan (premium) with about 25k miles at the dealership. He has a buddy from work (maybe on here???) who is into Subies, and last weekend he took a ride in mine, and I think that he caught the bug :)

Are there any mechanics in the St. Cloud area that anyone can recommend for a UCI?

4. WRX 56308

WRX 56308 Member

I bought my Spark Silver 09 premium there. I love it, I got mine with 15k on it in June. As far as issues, I havent had any, but I haven't had it long enough to really know.

5. Starkall

Starkall Active Member

When did you get yours there? My dad traded in his Silver 09 there with about 15k on it. If you did get my dads car, he babies that thing. 60 yr old car enthusiast so you def got a car that was taken care of! I bought a 11 sedan there last sept and just traded it back in for an 11 Swp hatch. I love St.Cloud Subaru, very good service there.

6. WRX 56308

WRX 56308 Member

Scott Stark? pretty sure thats who they said traded it in. Something along that line. It was either may or june. I bought it the day after he traded it in. I actually had to bring it back the next weekend so they could do the full detail.

7. Ninjaplease!

Ninjaplease! Well-Known Member

No big issues with my 09 after the initial rod bearing issue, aside from my clutch being replaced at ~33k. While mine was in, there was another 09 on the lift getting the same thing done, although his was due to a throwout bearing I do believe.

8. Starkall

Starkall Active Member

Mike Stark, yep that was my dads car.

9. WRX 56308

WRX 56308 Member

Yep, that was it. Couldn't remember the first name.

10. Rex1502

Rex1502 BANNED

ooo I bought my car from St cloud subaru anyone know the prevous owner o if my car? All they told me was he was a machinst..... the car had a MN Subaru forum sticker on the back windows... I bought it about a month ago from bobby and Asad.....

11. JuStaWRX

Unfortunately, my cousin didn't get that 2009 WRX.... But he did end up going for the 2011! I was able to get behind the wheel yesterday, and what a beautiful car! I thought I had envy of all of you 2011-ers, but now I REALLY do! wrxs.jpg