100k maintenance

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by nateg_2, Jun 2, 2010.

1. nateg_2

nateg_2 Member

just wondering if anybody knows what gets done on the 100k maintenance and about how much it usually costs.. thanks everyone

2. pattertj

pattertj Member

According to my 05 RS maintenance manual service intervals are:

View attachment 22289

I assume you are referring to the 105,000 mile maintenance. In which case you should do the drive belts, as well as all of the 15,000, 7500, and 3750mile items. I would check your records though as to when they we're last done since most people are not 100% on schedule...

3. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

okay 100K maint on what? wrx? svx? rs? outback? legacy gt? legacy L? baja? forester? tribeca? brat? loyale? GL? xt6? Be more specific people, HELP ME HELP YOU!

4. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

I am just finding all sorts of fun in the newb info forum today.
    http://mnsubaru.com/forums/showthread.php/30028

The thread referenced was started because another user had questions on whether or not a rebuild was required at 100k. Basically, if people are going to help you here, they need a bit more information than what is in your first post. Is your car doing something that seems off, that would make you think you need maintenance on it? What kind of car? Did you just buy it?

The chart that pattertj and the link I just gave you should help you make a decision on what needs to be done.

5. AWDimprezaL

Since this is mnsubaru basicly all I can assume is that its on a subaru.

6. nateg_2

nateg_2 Member

its a 04 wrx.. i was told from a friend that you want to get a 100k maintenece done which included the timing belt, and waterpump and he wasnt to sure what else.. i just bought the car here about a month ago and the only service records that the dealer had was the inspection that they did when they received the car.. it is running fine just want to make sure to keep up on the preventative side of maintence so that nothing major goes wrong with it and ends up costing me more.. thanks for your help everyone

7. AWDimprezaL

You want a timing belt yes, and most likely all the pulleys, or at least the small idler and the tensioner, and I would strongly recommend getting the valves adjusted if you want to keep it from burning an exhaust valve or two.

8. nateg_2

nateg_2 Member

do you have any clue how much a dealership would charge to get it done?

9. bubba_crx

bubba_crx Well-Known Member

Where are you at in ND? Blackcherrypsm on here just did his 100k service to his car... if u want pm him and he'll probably be able to tell you what all u need, where he got it, and could probably do the work (for a small fee)

10. nateg_2

nateg_2 Member

i live up in grand forks. i will pm him and see what he says.. thanks

11. blackcherrypsm

blackcherrypsm Well-Known Member

word... correct i just did my maint. this spring..... my first time and it was about four hours. easy tho... pm me if you are interested in setting something up, i have family up there so it would be two birds one stone haha

12. bubba_crx

bubba_crx Well-Known Member

don't forget Red Pepper... three stones sir, lol