10th Annual Lucas Flamethrower Rally -Sat., Feb.

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by Todd, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Todd

Todd The Originator Staff Member

Part IV of the Arrowhead Sports Car Club's 2005 Winter Rally Series
    The 10th Annual Lucas Flamethrower Rally Saturday, February 26th

Get those Hakkas on the bottom and those Flamethrowers on the front and come on down to Goodhue County to enjoy some of the best rally roads in the area.

Godfathers Pizza, Pottery Place, Old West Main St., Red Wing, MN Registration: 4:00 - 4:45 PM
    FCO: 5:01 PM Estimated
    FCI: 9:20 PM

Approximately 150 miles of some of the best rally roads anywhere close
    to the Twin Cities metro area. For those of you that have been on a Goodhue County rally, they need no introduction. For those of you that haven't, you'll be amazed that roads like this still exist. Small, twisty, with lots of elevation changes - a drivers rally if there ever was one.

This will be a Monte Carlo style event. We'll give you the leg time in even minutes, plus the leg distance to the truncated 1/10th of a mile.

Of course we tend to place our controls over hills or around corners at any point within the 1/10th of a mile window just to give you a challenge. Run a bit early and creep in for that perfect zero!

Road surfaces have been variable. In the past, we've experienced everything from fast slightly wet bare gravel to last years challenging coating of ice which tended to raise havoc with leg times.

Good tires are mandatory. All wheel drive is a plus.

Sponsored by the Stella del Nord Chapter of the Alfa Romeo Owners Club.

Hope to see you on the 26th.

Ed Solstad
    612-822-0569
    [email protected]

The ASCC Winter Rally Series
    Faster than your average TSD
    But easier than a ClubRally.

2. rallywrx

rallywrx New Member

I'd like to do this. Does anyone want to navigate for me?

3. Xcelor8

Xcelor8 Well-Known Member

<s>So how exactly does this work, are these roads closed? Is this legal? Sounds like a lot of fun. Any Costs involved? I suspect there will be drivers of all levels? or is everyone a "professional" driver?</s>

I guess this page answers all my questions...

http://arrowheadscc.org/wrs2004/wrsgi04.htm

Sounds like fun although I'm sure I'm too much of a rookie to actually run this.

Co-driving would be fun, but this is nothing like I've ever seen or attempted before.

I just think this is out of my league, maybe another year, maybe'll spectate, sounds like it would be fun even then.

4. rallywrx

rallywrx New Member

Mnrstrider, I'd be glad to have you for a navvie. This will be my first TSD rally too and I really need someone to co-drive. The only other rally I've done is SnoDrift, but thats a little different than this!

5. AWD 101

AWD 101 Well-Known Member

hey rallywrx
    I would've loved to co-drive for ya, but I have to work Saturday night.
    Next time you need a complete rookie navigator, let me know...
    good luck! :cool:

6. rallywrx

rallywrx New Member

AWD101, I was going to call you about it too, but I figured you would see the post.

7. Xcelor8

Xcelor8 Well-Known Member

**** man sorry, this is the first time I've logged on since your post, and now I'm stuck at work, maybe I should've posted my number last night, ****, that would've been a heck of a lot more fun than being stuck here at work. Hopefully next time we'll get a better notice. Hopefully you found a co-driver anyways and get to run in this. :)

8. rallywrx

rallywrx New Member

I never found anyone, but I did end up playing in a table-tennis tournament instead which was a lot of fun.