11-10 Meet Recap/Meeting Ideas

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by WRX1, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Ok, first off I would like to thanks everyone that made it out. We had 39 people on the list. We purchased 12 pizza's for everyone and had a great time. The main purpose for the meet was to get everone together to receive a thank you for making the club. With all the t-shirt/hoodie/stickers that everyone purchases the extra money goes to the club to help pay for other events/items. Ad for that support the mod group would like to thank everyone. The other reason for the meeting was to get some ideas for some up coming events. We did get a pretty good list of things to do, and there are some items that are just not possible. I would liek to thank everyone that had some ideas. You guys/gals are the ones that make MNSubaru who it is. We as a group have enough active members to start putting together some larger events and we were looking for your input. Here is a list of some of the events that we are going to try and get put together for the next summer.

Rally X
    Car show/Meet (spring and fall)
    BBQ/meet
    Indoor hangout nights
    Car/driving control clinics
    snowboard/ski trips
    Hoist days
    swap meet
    charity drive (toys for tots?)
    dirt road/trail trip

A few of those events are going to be taken car of be the mods and some of them we would like some volunteers for. I guess we are looking for people to host some hangout style meets, hoist days, ski trips, dirt road trips. We have some people in mind for some of these events and we will get in touch with you. If anyone has any other ideas of would like to help out for anything listed, let us know. We already have some basic time dates set for some of the meets and once these get closer to being finalized we will post them up. Thanks again for everyone making this past summer a good time.

Russ
    MNSubaru staff

2. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

A whole day and nobody has volunteered or commented on the events for next year?:roll:

3. hofit

hofit Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind helping out. I'm not into organizing events as I've got a 2 yr old and 8 mos old at home. PM me when you've got a need for some help.

4. 02blubru

02blubru Well-Known Member

I think a car show meet, and a bbq would be great. Driving clinics are something I have wanted to attend, but have lacked the time and or the funds to do so.

With the car show Idea I think it wold be great to have the show say 2 hours away from the cities, but we could all caravan down to were the show is. (rochester)

That is all I can think of for now. If any of the above events needs some help let me know and I will do what I can.

5. mlgez

mlgez Well-Known Member

Well I plan on having a VERY large bbq in May or June (grad from SCSU and just because). Everyone here will be invited but I wonder how many will actually drive to Buffalo. I am finding people think Buffalo is oh so far away.

6. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

finally....some info on what I missed!

I plan to have a garage day next summer when I do 5-lug. I'm certainly going to need some help. I'd be more than happy to buy pizza and pop for anyone willing to come. depending on timing, it might be in my own garage, or it might be at a buddy's shop in Loretto. I realize it's a bit of a drive for some....but it should be cool.

I know a guy with some land up north that may be the perfect setting for a RallyX. we've talked about it before...if we can get some more solid information about what would be required to make it happen, I'll consult and see if something could be done.

My doors here in Duluth are always open to MNSubaru guys, for events or otherwise. I offered for the possible ski/snowboard trip....but we'll see what all happens with that.

7. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

car/driving control clinics

This would be a very interesting event since alot of us here are modding our cars to be quite the fast ones. Would be good for those who have the power to be able to control them in certain situations. I'd volunteer or help out in these events but i dont' know much about renting out places to actually set an event going. As far as i know and i could be wrong, isnt' insurance required if we were to host any of these events?

8. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

well i already opened my store adn plan on doing it again... still havent been approached by the management but we will see.....

9. 02blubru

02blubru Well-Known Member

Buffalo, hell that is 40min drive and I live in EP.

Granted I will be out there on thanksgiving at my parents house. I spent the first 18 years of my life in buffalo. Grew up on lake Charlete.

10. mayhem83

mayhem83 Well-Known Member

I am more than happy to help with the RallyCross.

11. beeloo

beeloo New Member

I am sure I speak for all the guys from Roch. You guys are more than welcome to visit us anytime. We try to meet here often to get acquainted.

I'll talk to other guys in Roch to see if we can find a place to host an event.

12. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

Looks like I missed a great party! It appears our Car Forum has turned to Community to Organized Car Club. This is indeed great news to me as I have always been the minority at most of the events I participated in. From what it sounds we have a lot to look forward to in 2007 season and with the added supported and partcipation I can only hope for the best.

I have nothing to offer other than my time and my cheerful enthusiastic laughter. If you can find some use for me, please dont hesitate to pm.

And thanks to everyones for their dedication and support in taking the nessary steps in putting this together.

"We are family!" -Diana RUSS aka WRX1 (jk)

Cheech

13. SomethingsWrong

SomethingsWrong Well-Known Member

Absolutely. It would be great to have the club down for a day and it might attract more members too! There is a nice large parking lot right behind the local Subaru dealer that could probably be used for such an event.

14. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

lookin good so far. I think we are going to need to get some cones. does anyone know how much are, or where to get cones?

The charity drive, would be a good way to gain positive PR about the club (and the tuner culture in general, since all news associated with tuner = skreet racing) may it could be a enduro drive, were we get sponsor to donate ect.. could end it with a car show too.

15. mayhem83

mayhem83 Well-Known Member

If the cones are needed for the rallycross, I can talk to SCCA and see if we can borrow/rent their cones.

16. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Sarah's dad works for a construction company. I'll see if it would be possible to borrow their cones for a weekend....

17. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Anyone ever do a cruise down to La crosse Wisc? hwy61 is a great drive with views of mississippi and luscious curvy roads. Approx. 2 to 2 and a half hours. There is a member or 2 down there that could maybe help set something up. Also, would really like to get some guys together to take an hour or 2 drive and do some golfing next spring. Would love to get at least a couple of foursomes together for a round. Golf carts,beer,and subys! Sounds like good times to me! :laugh:

18. AWD_PWNZ

AWD_PWNZ New Member

Yeah I am from La Crosse and there are a few more members that are going to school here. We would love to have you guys anytime you want. I also have a car group with about 50 members and I set up events for are group so maybe you guys could come for one of those.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.