1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R $15k obo

Discussion in 'FS: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats' started by dano_wpg, Oct 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dano_wpg

dano_wpg Member

For Sale: 1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R

- 131,400 kms (81,648 mi)
    - Gun Metal Grey exterior/Grey interior
    - 5 speed manual transmission
    - Clean title
    - Located in Winnipeg, MB Canada
    - $15,000 USD OBO
    contact me via pm, 204-899-2453, or dgravenor on gmail.

Aftermarket:
    - BCNR33 brembo brakes
    - BBS LMs (17x9+22)
    - BBS lugs
    - Tein Coilovers
    - Cusco front and rear strut bars
    - Mines cat-back exhaust
    - Sard? high flow catalytic converter
    - Trust? downpipe
    - Walbro 255 fuel pump (constant 12 volt mod using summit racing electrical)
    - Greddy oil cooler with rare aluminum cooling plate
    - Greddy/Grex oil filter relocation
    - Koyo radiator
    - Greddy hard intercooler piping kit
    - BNR34 coilpack conversion kit
    - HKS intakes and filters
    - Greddy Profec boost controller
    - Greddy boost gauge
    - Top secret ECU and stock ECU
    - Aftermarket Clutch (unsure of brand, but it is much stiffer than stock)
    - Alpine head unit + JBL front and rear speakers

Recent Maintenance:
    - Timing belt was replaced at ~104,834 kms according to a sticker placed on the timing cover

All within the last 300kms the following has been changed:
    - Spark plugs
    - Coilpacks (converted to the r34 GTR coilpack witch eliminates the ignitor chip)
    - Oil (running mobil1 10W30)
    - Oil filter (also mobil1)
    - New HKS air intake filters
    - Valve cover gaskets

What needs work:
    - Paint, paint, paint: There are several areas where there were small blemishes that have been sanded and primed. There is a dent that hasn't broken the paint above the passenger side door handle. There are a few small dents on the hood, and a few paint chips there. Good candidate to get a carbon hood. The driver's side door had a dent and rust damage from the dent and was replaced. The respray's color is off. The whole car could use a respray; the price reflects this. Great bodyman's special to get it how you want it to look.
    - Engine covers could be recoated at the same time as the respray
    - Steering wheel is peeling
    - Inner tie rods need to be replaced
    - Front rotors are under the acceptable wear limit (for our safety)
    - New tires for the BBS wheels
    - The rear window seal is cracked, but not leaking water. Changing it would be a good idea when getting a respray.
    - There is some upholstery and foam cracked off of the driver's side door pull.

Other items of note:
    - Headlights are from a Honda Accord as they basically fit and are DOT compliant (needed for safety here, and a common mod).
    - Car is running in great mechanical shape.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2016
    Krazylegz1485 likes this.
  2. blackozone

blackozone Well-Known Member

A few questions:
    1) Has this gone through the proper importation processes to have it legally registered and road-worthy in the US by Federal standards already, or will the buyer need to go through that process on their own?
    2) Do you still have the factory headlights to put them back in?

3. dano_wpg

dano_wpg Member

1) When I had called the border while it was not yet legal, the two ways to do it were a) get an authorized import company to do it or b) whomever is buying it should do it (it's not that hard of a process). I don't have a US address, so as far as I know, there's no way for me to do it. It is an October 1991 build, so it is 25 years old.
    2) I do have the factory headlights to put back in, oem R32 projectors (I knew I forgot something).

derp likes this.
  4. dano_wpg

dano_wpg Member

Bump. $18,000 obo. Someone broke into my garage and stole the OEM projectors I was going to put in :'(.

5. Ryan FailRad

Ryan FailRad Well-Known Member

6. dano_wpg

dano_wpg Member

Ryan FailRad likes this.
  7. dano_wpg

dano_wpg Member

If someone wants to pay more for it but fully painted, that can happen. Those go for like 23-25k usd....or if there is something holding you back (aside from cash), how can I help?

8. dano_wpg

dano_wpg Member

Bump, still forsale!

9. Volatle

Volatle Well-Known Member

Are you going to pay all the fee's associated with importing the car into the US?

The over-all presence of the car tells a potential buyer to steer away. Clean, Clean, & Clean.
    Intake manifold has random scrape marks from a flat head screw-driver or something.
    Random zip ties applied near radiator. Assuming they hold the IC or Bumper on?
    Headlights are from a Honda and not the 500-600 projectors.
    Needs brakes, tires, & tie-rod. So you really can't test drive it.
    Your boost-gage wire looks wrapped around the steering wheel.
    Is that the ECU on the floor-board?

The lack of interior pictures makes me believe it looks much worse in the interior. Looks already bad enough with the steering wheel as it sits.

You have 5 photo's of wheels while only 2 of the car's exterior. Buyers want to see like 10+ of everything that could rust or be dented.

https://www.japaneseclassics.com/vehicle/1991-skyline-gt-r-2/

Very good comparison to your car and that is out the door price that comes with a title valid in all 50 states. It has been sold.

BBS wheels are like 800-1k as yours sit "Haven't shopped for wheels in a long time". They are worth about 3k-4k depending on the lips and re-furbished. A nice paint job could be around 4-6k.
    So about 2.5k+5k=7.5k for just fixing the exterior and paint.
    We are already at 7.5k with just fixing the wheels+paint.
    I've never imported anything, but i'd assume uncle sam would want a pretty penny when you're trying to title it in the states.

Hope you don't take this reply as negative.
    While i'm not a potential buyer. I've flown across the country to buy cars on numerous occasions.
    Just trying to give you some feedback as to why it might not be getting very many bites.

Good luck with your sale.

Ntxhuav_Khang and dano_wpg like this.
  10. dano_wpg

dano_wpg Member

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not a commercial seller, so I won't be able to make anything look like what you've linked to. That one does say it sold for basically $23,500 usd, which is what I've seen not-really-modded GTRs go for.

I had quite a few bites last spring - usually when people want to start buying cars again, but last spring it wasn't US legal. I have had other family issues so I haven't spent much time on the GTR.

I took the car to a body shop locally, and they said it would be about $5k CAD to repaint the car and fix all the cosmetic issues. While I could get it done, having a car like this is somewhat unique, and it would give the buyer an opportunity to customize it as they saw fit - which could include repainting the engine cover and cleaning up the intake however they like. Same with steering wheel - many with the stock wheel are in the same shape, and many people like to change it out to suit their needs anyway. I thought I had reduced the price accordingly, but like the ad says, I'm open to offers.

The zip ties near the radiator are for the honda headlights, as you mentioned, which were required for a safety here in my province (as they basically fit and are DOT compliant). The OEM headlights have proper mounting points that these do not. I had a set of OEM projectors that were going to get installed shortly, but they were stolen along with a bunch of my tools from my garage :'(. I might have a lead on another set locally, time permitting.

The ECU you see is the Top Secret ECU - it was just sitting there not being used. The boost gauge cable comes up from under the dash - a common location.

The things that are needed for safety here wouldn't make it un-driveable. The brake rotors are just under the limit, and the car still runs and drives fine.

There are also a few mods that you wouldn't get from a stock GTR, like the brembos for instance.

I have some other pictures, but to save time I only put up roughly the 10 I have because many places have a limit. I've included a few more here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. dano_wpg

dano_wpg Member

Bump, drove it home from storage (to store it again in my garage, so I can do some work on it too). Found a set of OEM headlights, as well as a couple of other small bits. Ordered new front rotors and tie rods. There's a carbon fibre hood locally as well. Again its a good chance to make this your own - if I don't have someone pick it up before xmas there's a good chance I'll get it painted and the price will go up.

12. Andy Engelmeier

Andy Engelmeier Well-Known Member

Can you pm me what you absolute lowest in its current paint state?

13. dano_wpg

dano_wpg Member

Started a convo with you...

14. dano_wpg

dano_wpg Member

Bump, baby came early ... would like to sell. Have new tie rods at my house and new rotors on the way...

15. dano_wpg

dano_wpg Member

Didn't realize you guys had chatbox. People suggested lowering the price. $15,000 usd obo winter price.

Spring price will be higher, as if it's still around I'll get it painted and bring it to the usa.

16. dano_wpg

dano_wpg Member

17. dano_wpg

dano_wpg Member

So after I bumped it yesterday, I was brought in touch with someone parting out an R32. I picked up a near mint door card, the left side hvac vent, an OEM e brake boot (that has the metal wire around it so the new one I have can be installed properly), and a slightly better condition rear carpet.

idget likes this.
  18. SlowSC

SlowSC Well-Known Member

The longer this is up, the more I think about selling my STI to pick this up, lol. GLWS!

Deathly likes this.
  19. dano_wpg

dano_wpg Member

Thanks man. I think I'd want to get a JDM STi with the proceeds, but I doubt the GTR will go before spring, as it will take probably 1-2 months to get the parts people are worried about, and then install them.

Plus, I'd highly doubt anyone would want to drive it back while it is still winter... so it will probably be up for a little while longer. Hope to hear from you in a bit :p

SlowSC likes this.
  20. pleiades

pleiades Well-Known Member

Damn, that's not a bad price for what you're including. Really hope someone here jumps on it. I'd like to but the bugeye would have to go first :(

Deathly likes this.
  21. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

He has had some interest, if you get a chance, shoot over pics of the new parts when you can.

22. dano_wpg

dano_wpg Member

Sure, will do. The tie rods are literally brand new in boxes. The vent is fully working, just not installed. Shouldn't take more than 15 mins (when I'm not caring for my newborn - ugh time sap).

[​IMG]

Here's a pic of the newer door card. It has one small crack on top I tried to highlight with the lighting (that can be easily fixed), but far better than the existing one. The inner fabric is fairly easy to swap out.

23. pleiades

pleiades Well-Known Member

Straight trade for a sweet-ass modded bugeye? Barring that, anyone want to buy my car for $15k? #kiddingnotkidding

24. dano_wpg

dano_wpg Member

... aaaand tracking says that the rotors just arrived. Cross fingers its proper fitment. Probably wont put up pics of them on until I've also done the tie rods.

25. dano_wpg

dano_wpg Member

Sold, please close.

MinnesotaFTW likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.