1993 Supra TT repairable value??

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by 03suby, Oct 2, 2009.

1. 03suby

03suby Well-Known Member

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/cto/1402610063.html

Ok first of all I know this is non-Subaru related, but I was wondering if anyonwe might have an idea or familiarity with the Toyota Supra.

Does the price seem reasonable? I know its a really relative question but I'm just looking for some input.

Thanks!

2. Mr. Derek

Mr. Derek Well-Known Member

haha I like his keywords, I know thats how I search for cars on CL
    keywords,racecar,fast and furios,circle track,rwd,drifter,drifting,race,sports car,hp,performance,import

3. 03suby

03suby Well-Known Member

yeah.. I never really understood the point of the keywords....

4. Mr. Derek

Mr. Derek Well-Known Member

Helps people find your ad when they are searching. If you use keywords that people might actually be searching for in the auto category. Fast and furios probably isnt getting alot of hits lol
    Would you be planning on doing most of the repairs yourself or having an auto body shop do it. Also if your really interested in the car i would check and see if he got an estimate of the damages so you know more about it than you can see without it on a lift.

5. 03suby

03suby Well-Known Member

Yeah i understand that aspect. I just think its annoying when i search for something and all kinds of non-related crap shows up.... then there is like two out of 100 of the actual items im looking for...

Okay threads starting to get off topic... Anyone have any thread specific input?

6. carl

carl Well-Known Member

Spelling. This post needs some.

7. Moleness

Moleness I can change the internet Staff Member

715 area code...no need for spelling there, lol.

Also, I would just tend to ignore such an poorly written ad. I may have missed a few deals that way, but maybe a scam or two also ;)

8. petrakov08

petrakov08 Well-Known Member

I would stay clear of it ha, A.clear title is questionable B.It's auto so unless you're going to convert it it's resale sucks and you'll get laughed at, plus you'll have to do a lot of body work in the rear quarter panel not to mention the whole front end. Also I don't know much about them but isn't the single turbo the desirable one?

9. kmw1191

kmw1191 Well-Known Member

that guy needs to learn how to use the space bar too :laugh:

10. petrakov08

He's obviously much too fast and furious for proper grammer

11. Se7enrex

Se7enrex Well-Known Member

you mister petrakov have obviously no idea about supras, the fact that it is an automatic is hardly a turn-away point for many, it is more of a rarity to find a 6spd, and a supra comes in a twin turbo from the factory. Many do a single upgrade turbo though as it is an almost industry standard for BPU's on Supras. If title is clear you could build it up a bit and sell it for mid to high 20's depending on...........

the body needs probably 2-4k dollars depending

put 4 into the engine, and bam! say 6-9k spent plus haggle to 6,500 to start and there is a starting point of 15,500 into it and EVERY TT supra with a clean title sells for at least 22k........... Profit margin = YES!

Lots of work.............Hope your handy!

12. petrakov08

my mistake then

13. 03suby

03suby Well-Known Member

Just looked at it and decided against it. Frame was beyond repairable and it wouldn't had been worth it. Thanks anyways guys.

14. goodbye

goodbye New Member

Hmmmmm.