1997 Legacy L $1000

Discussion in 'FS: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats' started by Chux, Mar 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

1997 Subaru Legacy L, with power windows, power locks, power mirrors, dual airbags, ABS, AWD, A/C, automatic, and cruise control

The good:
    Runs excellent
    Brand new tires (Kelly Edge All-Seasons)
    Brand new Timing and Accessory belts
    Brand new (remanufactured) rear wiper motor
    Brake pads have a lot of life left, and are wearing evenly
    Brand new fuel filler neck (these commonly rust out, as it did on this car)
    2001 Subaru Outback front seats (more comfortable)
    Aux input added to the stock radio (listen to your phone, iPod, etc.)
    Air Conditioning works, although I just recharged it, so only time will tell how well it works.

The not so good
    Transmission is a little sluggish. Some fresh fluid helped it immensely. If I were to hang onto the car, I'd put another few thousand miles on it, and then do another fluid "change" and a new transmission filter).

Struts aren't great, certainly not dangerous or uncomfortable, but will probably be the first mechanical thing needing attention.

Windshield is cracked

Pretty rusty, although it's virtually all cosmetic

Paint, mostly on the bumpers, isn't in the greatest shape

Ultimately, it's not a luxury car, and it's not a particularly attractive car, but it's practical, should be extremely reliable, and reasonable to maintain for many years to come. AWD and ABS are a big help in the snow (snow tires makes them unstoppable, I have an extra set of wheels that would fit on this that I'll let go for cheap if you'd like to go that route).

Clean title, in my name, in hand. Tabs good until December.

Starting at $3000 obo. This might be a little high, if you think so, just keep watching. If it goes a week or so without any concrete offers, I'll lower it.

Might be interested in trades, but cash preferred.
    20160312_124911.jpg 20160312_124923.jpg 20160312_124934.jpg 20160312_124946.jpg 20160312_125003.jpg 20160312_125012.jpg 20160312_125036.jpg 20160312_125102.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Oh yea, it and I are located in Duluth. However, my wife has plans to be in the Twin Cities for various reasons for the next 3 or 4 consecutive weekends, so delivery is certainly possible.

3. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Bump. I don't really suspect there's too many people on here in the market for something like this, but it'd make for some good, cheap wheels.....

Down to $2000

I used the A/C yesterday, and it felt great. New front rotors to kill a vibration under braking, but pads didn't need work

4. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Bump for Matt! Solid guy and very knowledgeable about Subarus. This would be a perfect daily driver/winter car for someone that stores their baby for half of the year.

Chux likes this.
  5. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

I can't believe I haven't sold this. I've had 2 outbacks this body style in the last couple years that were considerably less-reliable cars than this, that I sold in a matter of days for over $3k.

Looking at a house next week.....I'll sell this to a MNSubaru member for $1500.

I'll be in the cities the next 2 weekends

6. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Back on the market. Fantastic car, I've been driving it a bunch, put about 1k miles on it in the last few months. Alternator went out a few weeks ago, so I replaced that. I'll include a set of XT6 14" alloy wheels if you'd like to get snow tires for it.

If it sells in the next few weeks, I'll sell it for $1000.

7. ericthegoalieman

ericthegoalieman Well-Known Member

How many miles are on this? Is it still available?

8. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Sorry, it's sold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.