1998 Subaru Legacy feeler value - $2500?

Discussion in 'FS: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats' started by TheCocaColaMan, Feb 21, 2017.

1. TheCocaColaMan

TheCocaColaMan Well-Known Member

I've been contemplating selling my 1998 Subaru Legacy L 2.2 with 160K. Looking for a feeler value on maybe what its worth.

ModEdit: Tentative price - $2500

2.2 runs great burns unknown amount of oil I haven't notice a considerate amount missing. (Would need head gasket replacement)
    I am currently in the process of swapping a EJ25D motor has about 158k miles on it i believe I have a picture for proof someplace. Motor ran great it came out of a parts car I bought. To ensure longer life I have taken then time to refresh the motor with it being, sanded block and heads into spec, and after hot tanked. Then I bought the whole head gasket rebuild kit from Subaru. It will have the Gates timing belt kit, and a Exedy clutch.
    Why move from the reliable 2.2 to the 2.5 you ask? Just looking for a bit more passing powwaa!! :)

Transmission was taken out in 2013 because previous had bent a 1st and 2nd gear forks that was done around 110k by Lakes Transmission in forest lake.

I have updated the interior to WRX seats front and back. I have even taken the time to change the fabric on the doors to a blue color. Normal driver seat wear the rest of it is in good shape.

Exterior I did the outback front end swap. So I put the 99 GT hood on as well as the 99 outback front bumper finishing it with the out back fogs lights. All around body is good small dents and scratches not rear wheel well rust yet but rush has started to bubble over the windshield and passenger front fender (dog leg) by the mud flap is rusty

Suspension was updated to WRX wagon struts and springs with saggy butt spacer in the back to level the car out. May swap back to 98 legacy wagon struts this coming spring.
    https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=fd31709467871c8c120a54067a2bf8b0&oe=58AF6A22

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=fa5396f0095e0043e934a30cb31376c6&oe=58AF6971

Hopefully pictures work..

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2017
    silver03 and tangledupinblu like this.
  2. retreif

retreif Well-Known Member

ok I'll be that guy. $1.

3. JasonoJordan

JasonoJordan Well-Known Member

mmmm id guess around $2750-3500. If it sticks around for awhile color me interested.

4. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

No price. No thread.

Edit: Price added. Thread opened.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  5. souy07

souy07 Well-Known Member

Photos don't work

6. TheCocaColaMan

they did dang... let me see what i can do

7. TheCocaColaMan

lets try photobucket
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

I see 'em!!

9. JasonoJordan

At one point before the photos did work. They work now again. Clean.

10. derp

derp Well-Known Member

Seconded. Clean car.

11. JasonoJordan

Is the refreshed motor and new clutch currently installed and the car ready for a test drive/be purchased?

12. Deathly

Deathly Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the EJ22 is still in the car and it runs, but he is in the process of rebuilding the Ej25. Thats what I heard last time I spoke to him.

TheCocaColaMan likes this.
  13. JasonoJordan

Alright well I'm in no hurry so I'll wait for a definitive answer from him. Thanks for sharing what you know.

14. TheCocaColaMan

Yeah 2.2 is still in thr car.. The motor is pretty much done I have do the timing and i did buy struts for it. So it will be getting a new set of struts and a alignment from jeff the alignment guy. I have to put a ISO out for 25D timing cover because i accidently left the timing cover in the donor car when i scrapped it...:(

phi11 likes this.
  15. TheCocaColaMan

Update i pulled the 2.2 engine last night. sorry for the slow build im drving from Blaine to Waseca every day.

Attached Files:

Aegis and phi11 like this.
  16. TheCocaColaMan

Possibly may put this into the part out section unless someone wants to buy the shell.... i have to many cars in the driveway. im sad to post this