2.5i heart trasplant

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by 25iguy, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 25iguy

25iguy New Member

k so im going for 400 torque an the wheel im throwing the dohc in.but i also wanna be able to go 180 wut do you guys have for me can i keep my tranny and reach high top end,

2. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

what? are you Tux121?!

3. Paul Revere

Paul Revere BANNED

He sent me two PM this afternoon I hope this is a joke!!!!

4. Cubby

Cubby New Member

This kinda reminds me of that guy that posted on RS25 with his first post that asked how he could get his ej25 to make 1000hp reliably and then went on to say that money wasn't an issue cuz he won the lottery or something.

After everyone called him out, he never posted again.

5. Cubby

Cubby New Member

Btw why on earth do you wanna go 180? Hopefully it's not on a public road.

I bet you could do 180 mph with 200 whp and a REALLY long 5th gear. It'd just take you a couple days to get there, probably while going downhill.

6. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

wow....your actual posts sound worse then PMs

7. 25iguy

25iguy New Member

well thanks for the help

8. curly2k3

i would attempt to help if i knew what the hell you were attempting to say

9. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Well-Known Member

Is this a freaking joke?

10. Squiggly

Squiggly Squiggly

yeah.. this has to be a joke. hes been pming me with retarded questions alllllll day

11. Taras

Taras BANNED

LOL, I love this! I would say put some NOSSSS on your car and like 6 bottles of them!

12. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Well-Known Member

You're lucky that 100 shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on your intake...Now, me and the mad scientist got to rip apart the block and replace the piston rings you fried.

13. curly2k3

dont let the floor boards fall off

14. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

Dual overhead Cams isn't going to get you to 400tq.

15. 25iguy

25iguy New Member

i kno just the dohc wont do that i want to get up to 400 horse and i just wanted some help from ppl who know subaru but i guess u think its a joke and some of u kno me as the 25i with exaust but w/e i guess asking for help was to much

16. Paul Revere

Paul Revere BANNED

You were randomly pm'ing people with your nonsense. If you want my honest opinion good luck making those numbers with that drive train.

17. 25iguy

25iguy New Member

i guess u never had dreams

18. Paul Revere

Paul Revere BANNED

Ohh I do thats why I bought a WRX, little more feasible to make those numbers with that drive train. Not that I would want to on a WRX but the options are there.

19. 25iguy

25iguy New Member

the guys i meet down on university seemed like theyd be a lil cooler then this. way to take the wind out of my sail

20. 25iguy

25iguy New Member

and for i kno i **** wont handle that hp but thats why im asking you guys for help

21. readymix

Your dreams will likely be unobtainable on your current drivetrain and engine without lots of work. It would cost you less just to buy an STi motor and heads (find a full engine swap) and go from there. The 2.5na can be turbo'd but making 400tq on that bottom end will likely be unstable, expensive, and painfully difficult to accomplish. Your block will likely not like 400wtq, and to get it to specs that could handle it would cost you more than it's worth. Then you still have the issue of engine management. The more intuitive ones are for the WRX and STi ECU, so you'd likely want to go that route for turbo. Your tranny WILL grenade on 400wtq. No matter how kind you are to it. You would need custom fabricated turbo kit, or some off the shelf one that has all the pieces you'd need to bolt it up. Seriously, making a 2.5i into a 400tq monster is very unlikely, not impossible, but unlikely. It would be more worth your while to do a full engine/ecu swap with a WRX or STI. Or just sell your car, and get a later model WRX if you want to start swapping motors and such. 02's are going for between 12-14k

22. Paul Revere

Paul Revere BANNED

Really?? You hoped to get 400whp and 400wtq out of an NA car? And by asking this you didn't think anyone would give you a hard time? That seems alil far fetched I mean unless you were doing a whole new drive train (in which would be over your $6000 to get those numbers) I don't see the point of this thread.

23. readymix

Shut up jackass, you drive off with gas nozzles. You can call people stupid when you redeem yourself for that.

24. 25iguy

25iguy New Member

that y i found a salvage 07 wr online for under 2000 and thats the dohc but is it a different tranny

25. 25iguy

25iguy New Member

wut r u talking about driving off with gas nozzles

26. readymix

ok, first, some engine terminology.

DOHC and SOHC mean nothing here. There are tons of motors with similar displacements that have both available.

The 2.5L N/A motor came in both SOHC and DOHC, which is why alot of us were confused about what you were talking about.

An 07 wrx for 2000? Good luck getting it at that price, that seems a little odd. I'd want to look at the junk first. Also, make sure you aren't dealing with David LaValle or World Motor Cars. They are scam artists and liars.

The tranny on the 07 is different than the RS/i tranny. The gears are a little taller. They aren't any stronger though, you could still crack a tranny with 400wtq. You gotta pay to play in the 400whp realm.

27. readymix

OCB's jackass left the gas nozzle in his car and tried to drive off on the recent Duluth cruise. He's f'ing retarded. Just ignore him.

28. 25iguy

25iguy New Member

but i need help with the build cause i honestly dont kno a great deal about subarus

29. 25iguy

25iguy New Member

this guy is a dumb ass i just joined mn subaru today so shut up

30. Squiggly

Squiggly Squiggly

Lol....

31. readymix

You'll believe what when you 'seez' (retard) it? That you busted a ****ing gas pump by driving off with the nozzle. That's why we have tons of pictures of the plume of gasoline at the pump. Go look....what did you block that epic stupid from your brain to protect yourself from our lulz?

Shut up and go put your nose in the corner, *******.

32. readymix

Hit me on my AIM, I can help point you in the right direction.

33. readymix

You can go **** up the offtopic and picture threads, but keep your jackass ideas out of the technical threads, nozzle.

34. Paul Revere

Paul Revere BANNED

This build Jason I know what I did! Big man with all your colorful adjectives, ttyl.

35. readymix

What build? You got your engine replaced because you neglected your oil. That isn't a 'build.' Also, stage 2 isn't a build either. Again, move on.

36. Paul Revere

Paul Revere BANNED

ZOMG this random guy who wants to make 400hp and 400tq build, well good luck 2.5i I hope your dreams come true. Without dreams and goals are lives would be pointless so I wish you the best of luck on your journey.

37. readymix

You don't know what you're talking about, and you're snapping off at some n00b like you do. His question, while misguided, was valid. And what intellectual high ground do you stand on that allows you to call others stupid? I admit, I usually rag on the retards for being retarded, but there is a fine line there...retards come in and say things like "IS MY CLUTCH ON WARRANTY? 06STi"....that is retarded. This guy is asking for guidance on how to get his car to 400wtq. You never once attempted to answer the question, and you know what, if you did give an answer, I'd likely tell the kid to ignore it because so far your track record on intelligence isn't so stunning.

38. readymix

Oh, I was unaware of what build you are talking about since you didn't use punctuation at all...remind me to use my 2nd grader filter when viewing your posts next time.

Here, let me do the correction so you can see how it is supposed to look...then we wont have this confusion in the future....

Now, let me show you how to properly do this...

Regarding this build, Jason. I know what I did! Big man with all your colorful words (the only adjective in that post was the word 'epic' which described the amount of stupid you are, and the word "our" describing whose 'lulz' I was talking about.) , ttyl.

And even with the fixes, it still makes no sense...This build Jason I know what I did....that implies, to me at least, that you know what you did in regards to the current build.

39. 25iguy

25iguy New Member

I am so very sorry my grammar is not good. so wut do i have to do to get some respect i didn't disrespect any of you.

40. Paul Revere

Paul Revere BANNED

Didn't mean to rain on your parade man just thought it was a joke ... my bad.

41. Paul Revere

Paul Revere BANNED

Depending on exactly how you wanted this project to come together your options in the Subaru tuning world are almost endless. There are tons of companies out there that will cater to your needs. That being said hit the books or the internet and find what others have done and base it off that. There are plenty of 2.5RS-T's floating around these parts. Someone you might wanna ask is Ryan (95lwrx) or Kelly (snbrd4evr) both are currently doing projects. Well Ryan always is lol.

42. readymix

I told you, hit me up on AIM later tomorrow, I'll get you in the right direction.

43. 25iguy

25iguy New Member

nah its all good 2nd thoughts like seriously that was a buz kill but thanks for looking out for me i respect that

44. 02blubru

02blubru Well-Known Member

OCB shut your ****ing cock cave, I told him to post a thread asking for help because I did not have the answers he needed. remember you were a noob once and wanted help... Cut the guy some slack.

Jason, thanks for helping out. I just did not have the knowledge to comfortably point him in the right direction.

45. Paul Revere

Paul Revere BANNED

Didn't you read a couple posts up? I retracted my statements earlier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.