2 Nest Gen3 Smart Thermostats

Discussion in 'FS: Everything else' started by JasonoJordan, Oct 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JasonoJordan

JasonoJordan Well-Known Member

As title says I have two Nest Generation 3 thermostats. I changed to the Ecobee 4 for both of my thermostats.

Both are factory reset and in perfect working shape.

Looking to get $180 for each. If you want to buy both I will knock $20 off the total price.

[​IMG]

2. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

Just curious as I'm considering a smart thermostat, what prompted you to make the change?

3. JasonoJordan

My house is multiple floors with alot of rooms. It is heated/cooled with 2 systems. Even with 2 systems I had alot of problems with hot and cold spots since the thermostats are in the hallways. The ecobee has remote sensors that when they sense motion will use their temp reading with the temp reading at the thermostat and work out if it should heat or cool to try and obtain the temp your asking for in the room where the sensor is rather then in your hallway.;

4. JasonoJordan

Another perk that works well for me is alexa controls alot of my lights in the house so the new ecobee 4 has alexa baked into them so it basicly turns each of my thermostats into a echo dot capable of using voice commands to control my lights

5. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

I've never understood why thermostats are (almost) always located in hallways. I understand the concept of having the remote sensors, but wouldn't that end up over heating or over cooling other parts of the house while trying to regulate the temperature in the rooms being used, thus leading to higher energy consumption?

6. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

My assumption is that because a hallway has no ducting feeding into it(in most cases). And that means that the ambient temp of the air in the hallway must come from alternative sources-bedrooms, living rooms, etc. In theory, it would be about the best spot for a thermostat.

7. JasonoJordan

It is a delicate balancing act for sure. The theory of taking an average will not raise the costs to much and offset that by providing better comfort. You gain back the savings by good programing.

8. JasonoJordan

Sold lock her up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.