2001 Outback Limited w/ new timing belt, head gaskets

Discussion in 'FS: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats' started by Jay, Jun 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/6185046469.html

2001 Outback Limited, 221,700 miles, well maintained by Subaru enthusiast. Has been my wife's daily driver for the past five years, only selling because a very clean 2006 Outback that needed its motor rebuilt fell into my lap for a steal so we now have one too many cars.

Asking Price: $2,300

The Outback Limited adds the following over the base model Outback:
    - All weather package with heated seats, defrosting outside mirrors, windshield wiper de-icer, rear limited-slip differential.
    - Leather seating surfaces.
    - Leather steering wheel.
    - Leather shift knob.
    - Side impact airbags, both front seats .
    - Dual sunroofs with shade, front pops up, rear retracts.
    - Upgraded AM/FM/Weatherband/Casstte/CD, 8 speakers, bass, midrange and treble adjustments.
    - Gold accented alloy wheels.

We bought this from a professor at St. Cloud State in 2012, with full service history. Head gaskets were replaced under his ownership along with a catalytic converter, axles, front wheel bearings, and a handful of other maintenance.

Recent work I've performed:
    - Full timing belt kit with water pump, idler pulleys, and tensioner (all OE parts) - replaced at 215,000.
    - Lower ball joints (OE parts)
    - All four struts, strut mounts, and all related hardware (KYB GR-2)
    - Transmission filter and fluid (OEM parts from Morries Subaru)
    - Front differential fluid (Motul 75W-90)
    - Rear differential fluid (Motul 75W-90)
    - Oil changes every 3,000 miles (OEM filter from Morries Subaru, Rotella 5W-30 oil)
    - Spark plugs @ 215,000.

Work needed:
    - Left front inner tie rod end is just starting to show some play. Planning on replacing it and getting an alignment.
    - Driver's side valve cover gasket recently developed a slow leak.
    - Needs an exhaust gasket between the manifold and the mid-pipe -- it's not loud, just not as quiet as it should be.
    - One sway bar link is worn and rattles over uneven bumps.

I swapped in the center console from a 2003-2004 Outback to gain the nicer cupholders and heated seat switches, plus the rear cupholder. Has the typical rust over the rear wheel wells that all Subarus of this era get.

I'm an ex-auto tech who loves Subarus. I owned a 2003 Outback 2.5 that I sold with 306,000 miles, I race rallycross in a 2002 2.5rs, my wife's current 2006 Outback I bought with the motor in pieces and rebuilt it, I've rebuilt a 2000 Legacy 2.5, re-ringed a 2006 Impreza 2.5... I'm very familiar with these cars and specifically the 2000-2004 Legacy/Outback chassis.

A very solid daily driver that is ready to go! If someone wanted to save a little money and do the few repairs it needs we can work out a deal, otherwise I'm planning on repairing the above items this weekend and being more firm on the price.

Thanks for looking!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2017
    phi11 likes this.
  2. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Whoops -- asking $2600.

3. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Forgot a couple items... it has a trailer hitch, and I just replaced the condenser, drier, and expansion valve. Had the system recharged at Turbo Tim's in NE; A/C works great!

I may be way off on the price; I'm more than happy to work with someone if it means keeping it in the family :)

4. Legsaucy

Legsaucy Well-Known Member

5. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Replied :)

6. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Bump, lowered the price on CL to $2300.

7. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Looking to sell this in the next couple of days. Any reasonable offer will be accepted.

8. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Sold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.