2002 Subaru Outback H6 VDC winter beater/ parts car

Discussion in 'FS: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats' started by babiker712, Aug 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. babiker712

babiker712 Well-Known Member

Listing for my sister, but it used to be my car. It currently runs, but runs rough due to stuck EGR and they bought a new 2015 Outback and are looking for the simplest way to get rid of it at this point. It has significant rust in the corners, but it does drive.

Car has 205,844 miles. at about 165k the HG and timing chain guides were replaced by Nuke. Sometime around then, new springs and KYG struts were installed. The car has been tinted, and has an aftermarket Compustar 2 way remote start installed. The door speakers were upgraded with Polk db651s, wheels are from an LGT and have good tread on all-season tires with less than 2 years usage, a Red Top Optima battery and a JDM E-tune grill. The front brakes were swapped with new calipers/rotors/pads from an 2002 WRX last time it was due for pads bc someone had them on here for cheap.

With the VDC trim, there are some rare parts that would make it a good car to part out, or clean up the EGR and drive it until the thing rusts out.

$1000 cash obo. See pics in link, PM for contact info.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Bb2Q8jcMMbHjvAyv5

2. babiker712

I forgot to add that it was current on maintenance, recent front brakes, front axle prior to EGR issue they decided not to repair. Car is in Powderhorn area of South Minneapolis.

3. babiker712

Bump--- 800 Obo. If you're interested in it, lmk--- they're probably donating it shortly.

4. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Seems like a good deal for what could be a pretty nice car. Cosmetic rust is nasty, but '02 should be beyond the risk of failing rear crossmember (even so, my '01 has the bad crossmember, and with 325k miles is in much worse shape and haven't failed).

You don't see deals on VDCs very often, I'd be all over this, but couldn't be a worse time for my family.

5. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

I have interest, need to talk to the wife about how we can shuffle cars around in the garage but it sounds like it'd do well enough as a winter beater until it rusted out.

Krazylegz1485 likes this.
  6. babiker712

Sent you a PM

7. curly2k3

PM'd you back, I'll try to figure out my schedule and see about this weekend

8. curly2k3

I'll take it when it's available

9. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

10. curly2k3

picking it up tomorrow Josh, sorry brah, you need something nicer for your family anyway :D

11. babiker712

I'll post if/when it sells to lock it up, but tentatively it's Curly's. @tangledupinblu if you're still looking for a winter beater I'm listing my 2002 Highlander V6 Limited AWD shortly (201k) for $4500/obo. Needs a downstream 02 sensor b1s2 but otherwise is current on maintenance and also has a remote start and new tires/battery. Has a hitch for towing

12. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Sounds nice! A little too nice tho...shooting for about $1500 and under!

Lmk if something happens and curly cubes can’t pick it up.:thumbup:

13. babiker712

Curly came through. Lock her up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.