2002 Subaru Outback VDC 180k H6 3.0L

Discussion in 'FS: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats' started by babiker712, Aug 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. babiker712

babiker712 Well-Known Member

Not a lot of love for these on this forum, but up for sale is my 2002 Subaru Outback VDC. Car will be sold without the strutbar and winter rims/tires in the attached photos, though both are available for an additional cost.

I have owned the car since 153,000 miles and bought it from a dealer who took it in on trade from the original owners. Carfax shows detailed dealer maintenance. Car is fully loaded for options (Leather, Premium Sound, Dual Sunroof/Moonroof, Tint, Tow Package (Class I hitch)). Only selling because I was gifted a vehicle that is cheaper to insure.

Since purchasing it I have done the following mods/maintenance (THE GOOD):
    Added Autodimming mirror
    Replaced non-functional rear window switches
    Ceramic Tint (50% front, 30% rear $200)
    New struts all the way around, new front springs with new bushings and STi Mounts (155k NF Performance) ($600)
    New Summer wheels/tires (same OEM Subaru spec but lighter) 225/60/16 Bridgestone Ecopia All-Seasons from Costco (less than 10k on them $800)
    STi sport pedals ($100)
    New front speakers (Polk db651s) and aux in mod to stereo ($100)
    Power Steering flush, upgraded hose connections and O-ring replacement
    Replaced Serpentine belt tensioner, belt, idler pulley bearings ($150)
    Replaced sparkplugs and valve cover gaskets (@165k, major service), serviced PCV valve
    Replaced battery with Optima Red Top AGM battery (January 2015- 3 year warranty)
    Add anodized battery tie down.
    Replaced Alternator with OEM 160k
    New radiator, thermostat, hoses, fluid @176k
    Replaced both headgaskets, new head studs, timing chain guides (NF Performance $2200) at 175k
    Lower front tie rod @ 160k.
    New front rotors, calipers, pads.... rear pads and painted calipers 165k
    ATF fluid changed to synthetic w/ Subaru OEM Filter at 155k
    Synthetic Rear Diff Fluid at 155k
    Added Magnetic ATF and Oil drain plugs at 155k
    CompuStar 2 way remote start with 3000ft range (start your car 2 blocks away!)(TC Autospot $500)
    Fuel pump O-ring replaced with Viton O-ring to eliminate failure possibility from ethanol fuels (swelling)
    Cleared headlight corners
    Window mod to eliminate noise from behind tweeters (this is the quietest 2000-2004 Outback in MN!)
    State Parks permit valid through August 2016
    Oil changes every 3500-4000 miles
    Replaced drivers seat and rear bench with better condition leather seats that match OEM from donor vehicle (large tear in original driver's seat, rear bench was flaking leather). Interior looks almost new
    Added JDM E-Tune mesh sport grill with factory matched Titanium Pearl paint ($200) (OEM grill also included)

THE BAD:
    RUST-- None structural---subframe is fine (do not buy a 2000-2001 for this reason). Minor above windshield, rear right quarter and left dogleg. Fair amount on left quarter in the typical 2000-04 Outback locations.
    Mechanical- front left lower control arm bushing is worn, lateral links are starting show play. Both are in the "monitor it" phase, but will eventually require replacement
    Normal wear and tear on a 15 year old car
    Tabs are expired, however I will pay for your new tabs when we transfer the title at DMV (new tabs would take too long to arrive)

The VDC wagon is the top of the line Outback trim and comes with the better motor, sound system, Subaru Vehicle Dynamics Control (auto-stability assist) and seating. It also has additional soundproofing vs. the LL Bean and lower trim models. For differences, please read: http://www.cars101.com/subaru/outback/2002-vdc.html

I have receipts for most of the work not done by myself. Car drives great (just took it camping this weekend with 4 people + gear +dog). All the common failure items have been addressed (do your research at Subaruoutback.org). A box of extra parts will come with the car if you're handy (liftgate struts, electrical switches and other "spares" pulled from the parts yard in refurbishing this vehicle). I have limited availability to show the car and schedule test drives Wednesday-Friday PM and weekends. CLEAN TITLE IN HAND. NO SHOWINGS OR TEST DRIVES WITHOUT CASH IN HAND. DO NOT WASTE MY TIME WITH LOWBALL OFFERS. I have been as honest and thorough in photographing/describing the vehicle condition as possible.

Accessories available at additional cost:
    New Winter wheels Tires (2004 Forester XT wheels, Michelin X-Ice from Costco less than 5k ($500)
    Kayak Carrier ($50)
    Ski Rack($100)
    Juran brand front strut bar ($100)

Note this car was previously listed for sale but I was unavailable to show due to wedding season and a busy schedule. I also discovered some minor problems that have been addressed (clogged moon-roof drain, disconnected driver's door speaker) identified in the most recent road trip, and have fixed those items as well as updated the interior components. This car is washed, detailed and is ready for a long life with it's next owner.

Price for MNSUBARU: $3700

Pictures in Craigslist ad, since I can't seem to post them due to size and imgur stopped doing BBC links:

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/5717945592.html

tangledupinblu likes this.
  2. babiker712

Price drop $3700CL
    MNSubaru $3600

3. brick8

brick8 Member

Still available? Interested in buying something like this.

4. babiker712

Still available, PM sent

5. babiker712

Price Drop
    $3400 CL
    $3300 MNSubaru

New Optima Red Top battery

6. babiker712

7. babiker712