2002 wrx sedan for sale 3000 obo

Discussion in 'FS: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats' started by thomas franz, Nov 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thomas franz

thomas franz Well-Known Member

I never thought this day would come but after recently buying a 2015 wrx, here we are. I have my mostly mbp wrx sedan for sale. Everything replaced was done by me with the occasional help from my 40 year mechanic father. I never thought I would sell so i was very bad with keeping reciepts but ill do my best to list everything as accurately as possible. At the end of the day the way the car runs and handles will speak for itself. This car will only be listed here as this car is only alive because of this community.

I picked the car up like 6 years ago at 185k miles. It now has about 241k. It will also come with a lot of extra parts. It has summer and winter tires. I found a nail in one of my summers when putting winters on. This is probably the last year for these winter tires. I can measure them later. The only downside is this car is finally showing its age via rust. I tried to take care of it but didnt give it enough time to cure since i was doing it at my work over a weekend. Someone with body work skills or some extra cash could have a very nice bugeye. The hood is red underneath the dip and has flawless metal. The jdm sti scoop was only dipped, never painted. The trunk is dark blue underneath the dip from like an 04 rs or something. The only thing that really sucks about this car is in super heavy rain it will leak at the windshield above the rear view mirror. Like i mentioned before. The shell is pretty rough. The rear bumper was dipped black because years ago i punched holes in it via backing up into a trucks lug nuts. I had a hay day with a plastic welder and filled the holes. Then did bondo over it. It actually looks pretty good but the dip is peeling and it would obviously be better to get a new rear bumper. I do have a spare rear bumper that should just have surface scratches but thats in my parents loft and i will have to dig it out when this sells. The fog lights were painted with stained glass paint. So jdm hahaha.

So the part list. Ill start with parts not installed on the car that will come with it.
    -walboro 255 fuel pump and kit
    -grimmspeed 3 port ebcs
    -oem mbp wrx hood scoop
    -oem plastic skid plate/under body protector
    -kart boy rear endlinks
    -other random misc small parts

Now this will essentially be the list of parts and services done to the car. I have ultra religiously changed the oil with rotella t6 every 3k miles or 6 months. Yes for a while my commute to work was 4 miles lol. Sorry if this list goes all over the place. This car has been my baby and no expense was spared. Other than the ****ty body work lol.

-at 238k i redid the valve covers with oem gaskets. While it was down i did a ton of servicing to it. I got a freshly rebuilt ported and polished td04 rom a member here. Grimmspeed up pipe. Nvidia divorced downpipe (not as pretty as grimmspeed, the divorce is just a divider where it meets the turbo). Theyre both wrapped. I also added a nvidia n1? Exhaust. I took care of every single oil leak. The oil cooler gasket. Pcv valve. Oil pressure switch. And i think a few others im forgetting. Its hard to rememeber but the engine does not leak a single drop of oil. I also added a mishimoto radiator and silicon hoses during this time. Theres silicone radiator hoses and turbo system hoses. Timing was also done with a gates kit. I got over 120k on my last gates kit with no issues. I also did group n motor mounts and pitch stop.

- as of 2 weeks ago i replaced the dead rear suspension with kyb style and new oem springs. I have front struts in the same style but theyre still fine so theyre not on the car. Jeff aligned it after the install.

-at probably 210k i replaced my rear differential with one that had maybe 10k on it. A member on here immediately 6 speed swapped his 04 wrx when he got it new so i got that differential.

-at about 220k i replaced my dying clutch with an oem clutch and lightweight excedy flywheel. I also did a group n trans mount. Turnin concepts shift linkage. And kartboy short throw/bushings. This 5 speed is super tight and shifts like butter. Just dont try to shift into first while rolling above 5mph.

-about 4 weeks ago i replaced all 4 calipers and added speed bleeders. I used that german brake fluid from rally sport. There are stainless lines on the car and i have a new set of 4 of them not installed. The rears were terrible and recieved centric rotors and hawk pads i think. The rears are the larger outback rotors. The fronts are oem style napa rotors with ceramic napa style pads (i had been chewing through pads and rotors with my bad calipers and didnt want anything that nice until i addressed the calipers). The napa rotors come with a life time warranty i have a reciept for. But i would just buy nicer ones.

-various parts installed at random times i cant remember are gs hood struts and their master cylinder brace. A fuel pressure regulator of unknown mileage from a members shelf. A fuel pressure guage in line by the filter.

-the car came with an accesport v2 (nearly useless now if you follow whats going on). Its been running an ots stage 2 93 octane tune the entire time its been in my ownership. A cobb intake was added maybe a year ago. If your concerned about the tune you can see the car on a dyno at the mnsubaru dyno day event video.

-drum brakes were done maybe 5k miles ago.

Now for the interior
    -the trim was painted gloss black

-my dash clock failed and i found an oem guage cluster for that spot. I lost my guages in my move from my parents many years ago so the cluster is empty.

-rear view mirror is out of like a 2010 outback or something. I can't get the cardinal directions to work properly.

-grimmspeed shift knob. Also have oem and a kartboy.

-it still has the spare wheel and jack but i had to gut most of the trunk liner because my old wrx trunk leaked water and everything got moldy and nasty.

-the interior is pretty solid though other than the ripped driver seat

-i have a steering wheel cover on because i started to wear a hole. I intended to get a new steering wheel but that never happened.

-speakers were replaced with some aftermarket ones years ago. I couldnt even tell you the brand.

Im sure i still missed something. Feel free to ask any questions. If you made it down this far thanks for bearing with me lol. I would like this gone sooner than later so i can have room to dig into by cb750k and have it ready for spring. The car is sitting in my garage on the winter tires waiting for a new home. Im looking for 3500 $3000 or best offer. I am the owner and have the title. Ill post pics in a little bit

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2018
  2. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Yep, you missed pics. :p

**Waits in anticipation**

3. thomas franz

4. thomas franz

More things i forgot to add. The blower motor is only a couple of years old. The AC held and blew cold all summer long.
    Both winter and summer tires are 5/32nds. My driver side seat belt still rolls up haha.

Here is a picture of the summer tires. The lighting is weird. I did not paint the tire lol.

Resized_20181122_172017.jpeg

5. thomas franz

2 of the winter tires have slow leaks and have totally deflated over 2 weeks. I would like to list it as 3000 OBO not 3500. Can a mod plase change this? Thanks.

6. thomas franz

I need this thing gone bump. I have no room for it and i need my garage back. This thing is a beast in the snow. I will entertain any reasonable offer. If theres no interest by the weekend its going on craigslist to the vultures.

7. Burrz

Burrz Member

is this still available?

8. LASERBLUE135

LASERBLUE135 Well-Known Member

This is sold. I bought it.

thomas franz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.