2003 Subaru Legacy L Wagon

Discussion in 'FS: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats' started by Mitchum, Sep 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitchum

Mitchum Well-Known Member

Been a while since I've been on the forum, good to be back! I'd also like to say congrats to Tangledupinblu on the new addition to his family!

Background info: I had a 2002 legacy sedan that was my daily for a while, until some clown-shoe backed into the R/F headlight pushing it back into the fender support. Ultimately insurance totaled it out due to the amount of work needed to repair outweighed the value of the vehicle. So onto craigslist I jumped to find a new donor car for the rebuilt engine I put into the sedan. Which lead me to this gem haha. ((I still have the 2002 sedan sitting up at my work with some BC coilovers still in it that i'm willing to sell also, it has NO transmission or engine in it))

2003 Legacy Wagon details

I believe I bought it from the 2nd owner, making me the 3rd owner. Have the original window sticker and a folder FULL of maintenance/repair records from his ownership. Given I work at a dealer, I too have records but they're all parts invoices as all of the work was performed by me. Rather then splitting the engine and trans when I did the swap, kept them together and dropped the front subframe.

List of mods/maintenance (all parts were purchased NEW)
    - front struts and rear shocks (KYB GR2s)
    - H&R lowering springs (wagon specific)
    - OEM front axles
    - Short block (part#SOA478H600R1)
    - Heads machined/decked w/ new valves and springs, valve guides (Cylinder Head Service)
    - All new gaskets from top to bottom (intake, exhaust, cross over pipes, spark plug tube seals, valve cover gaskets, turbo head gaskets)
    - All timing components (timing belt, water pump and thermostat w/ gaskets, all 3 idlers, tensioner, drive belts)
    - Aftermarket header (nothing special), wrx muffler (has an exhaust leak, sounds good though lol)
    - 4 new Firestone Affinity Touring tires (maybe 5k on them)
    - Spark plugs
    - Group N front strut mounts
    - Group N transmission mount
    - OEM engine mounts
    - OEM clutch disc, pressure plate, flywheel, throw out bearing
    - NAPA alternator
    - Tinted windows
    - Alpine deck
    - Upper and lower hoses with clamps
    - OEM fuel filter
    - OEM battery
    - Kartboy battery tie down
    I'm sure there's some stuff I'm missing, ill add onto the list if I think of something.

I'll get pictures loaded up this evening.

I'm looking to get $6,500 $6,000 $5,500$4,500 for the car. Title in hand. This car is honestly ready for another 100k before it'll need any major repairs/maintenance. I'm not interested in trades.

Send me a PM if interested. I also have the option to put it on a hoist if someone's interested in seeing underneath it.

There's 143,xxx on the chassis, 136,xxx on the trans, maybe 6k on the rebuild long block.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2017
    tangledupinblu likes this.
  2. Mitchum

IMG_2344.jpg IMG_2769.jpg IMG_2773.jpg IMG_2347.jpg IMG_2772.jpg

Attached Files:

3. Mitchum

image4.JPG image3.JPG image2.JPG image1.JPG

Eazy_E_Rich likes this.
  4. Mitchum

IMG_2775.JPG

Attached Files:

5. Mitchum

Has Rokblokz flaps, and a couple sweet HP adding decals....Yes, I know you can get a decent bugeye for what I'm asking, but make a parts list needed to make a WRX this mechanically sound and see the cost difference. There may not be a huge difference in gas pricing but a whole $32 to fill bone dry is pretty nice. I wouldn't hesitate taking this car anywhere. SUNROOF WORKS AND DOESN'T LEAK.

6. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

She's a beaut Clark!

silver03 likes this.
  7. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

SOLD!

Jay likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.