2005 Saabaru Aero 5 speed

Discussion in 'FS: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats' started by 05saabaru, Apr 20, 2018.

?

How rusty do cars get in Minnesota in 10 years?

1. Start to see rust bubbles under the paint

66.7%
  2. Start to see brown juice run marks down the paint

33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. 05saabaru

05saabaru New Member

Hello all, I'm moving back to California and I'm looking into selling my car before I'm all moved back. I'm the original owner, bought it from Santa Monica Saab in Los Angeles 2005. It's got 161k now, but the ej205 that's in it only has 87k. I do a lot of contract work around the country, so I've got most of those mileage on interstate cross country drives. It still has California plates on it and needless to say it has no rust. Never been in a crash and never been heavily modified. (Personally I'm not a fan of buying modified cars, cuz you dunno how it was treated) It's got some minor parking lot battle scars, and the bottom of the front spoiler has a crack. Interior is the two tone leather. It's got some minor wear on the driver seat, where my right arm and shoulder were touching from shifting, and a super tiny rip on the passenger front door panel from moving. But it's still in pretty nice shape ans definitely no major damage of any kind. I have been keeping up w oil changes and well maintained. I'm only considering letting it go cuz I have too much to move and willing to consider a decent offer. I'm asking $8500 and I already got a one way ticket back to MN in May to drive it back if it doesn't sell. Another words, I won't give it away. I mean I really don't mind keeping it if I have to... But hey, since I posted this ad here, I'm more than happy to answer any questions you guy may have. I'll be on the roads, so I'll be checking my emails when I am on a break and have some signal. Thank you!

Btw, I seem to have some trouble loading pics. Just in case if those pics don't show up for some reason, here is a link to my Craigslist ad:https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/d/2005-saab-92x-aero-manual-awd/6559044799.html (please remove it if I'm not allowed to do post this link, thanks) 20180418_170414.jpg 20180418_170357.jpg

Attached Files:

pcwerk likes this.
  2. LASERBLUE135

LASERBLUE135 Well-Known Member

I guess I'll offer some advice. The BIG pros are no rust and one owner. The no rust is your real cherry here.

Some of the cons are the condition, miles, year, lack of options (you have the leather option, but not the sunroof option or cold weather option. The cold weather or sunroof options would carry very good value, but leather isn't necessarily a great selling point).

You have a 2005 (not 2006) Saabaru. They generally sell for LESS than WRX (I've had 4 of them). If it was rust free AND excellent exterior that would make a difference, but as is the rust free doesn't matter as much if the exterior is in need of repair (even if the repair is minimal).

At $8,500 you are (possibly?) at the most expensive 2005 Saabaru in the country. That's not great. You're actually about DOUBLE the price of similar mile/options. You do get the Minnesota bounce though! (prices for awd manual cars in MN are higher than other parts of the country). If it was the 2006 (unicorn status!) you could ask premium price. Your likely better selling for what you can get here in Minnesota. You won't get nearly as much in California.

pcwerk and tangledupinblu like this.
  3. derp

derp Well-Known Member

Counterpoint: it's listed high but it's worth whayewha someone will pay for it. If he gets close, thatst on the buyer.

sneefy likes this.
  4. derp

derp Well-Known Member

My phone mangled that. Whatever*, that's*.

5. 05saabaru

05saabaru New Member

I'm glad someone gets it.. thanks dude.

sneefy likes this.
  6. 05saabaru

05saabaru New Member

Price drop to $8000 and taking reasonable offers. By next tueTues (May 8th, 2018) I will just keep the car and drive it back to California.

7. 05saabaru

05saabaru New Member

$7500 obo