2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon – Crystal Gray Metallic – 94,000 Miles – $12,500

Discussion in 'FS: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats' started by wrxnofx, Aug 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wrxnofx

wrxnofx Active Member

You are looking at perhaps the most original, One-Owner, unmolested, 5-Speed 2005 Subaru WRX Wagon in the United States!

I purchased this car new from Don Jacob’s Imports on August 6, 2005, in Milwaukee, WI. I have ALL paperwork and EVERY service record from new, including the original window sticker.

I was in my early thirties when I bought this car, and now I’m an old man. Therefore, there is no tune on this car. There are no mud flaps, no aftermarket blow off valve, no fart can exhaust, no JDM body panels, no tinted windows, no garbage aftermarket stereo. This car is bone stock, save for two items:
    • A Kartboy short shifter – the original shifter comes with the sale.
    • An aluminum dead pedal that matches the other 3 pedals – the original dead pedal comes with the sale, though the aluminum one adds 5hp
    Unlike most of you, I have telecommuted for my job since 2006. Plus, I have more than one car. Consequently, this car has less than 94,000 miles on it (average of 5875 miles/year). Almost every mile has been put on by me, and most of them are long distance runs to neighboring states. It has been in a garage for 98% of its life. I’m a nonsmoker with no kids and no pets.

The car comes with the following:
    • All paperwork
    • All service records
    • Both key fobs (1 stopped working a couple years ago)
    • All spare/valet keys
    • Original stock shifter
    • Original stock dead pedal
    • Original tool kit/spare tire (never used)
    • Original retractable tonneau cover
    • Original cargo mat
    • Floor mats
    • Spare Cabin Air Filter
    • Spare driver’s side valve cover gasket (came as a set when I changed the leaking passenger side valve cover gasket in 2019)
    • 2004/2005 Subaru Full Service Repair Manual on disc
    Notable service and maintenance items include:

• Cabin and air filter, 3/5/2021 (92,915 miles)
    • Rebooted front passenger CV, 11/14/2020 (92,250 miles)
    • Synthetic oil change, 10/14/2020 (92,225 miles)
    • Front pads and rotors, 9/1/2020 (88,200 miles)
    • Tires, 9/17/2018 (85,122 miles)
    • Rear pads and rotors, 2/2/2015 (61700 miles)
    • Timing belt, water pump, brake fluid, rear differential fluid, manual transmission fluid, 1/19/2015 (61,663 miles)
    • Spark Plugs, 3/1/2014 (58,200 miles)
    • Fuel Filter, 9/20/2013 (56,203 miles)
    Full Disclosure: I drive this car year-round, even in snow. That means it has been in salty conditions. The bottoms of both front fenders, behind the wheels, rusted down by the rocker panel. Consequently, I replaced both front fenders with Subaru OEM paint-to-match fenders from an eBay seller called PC Automotive Parts. The original fenders, if desired, are included with the sale.

The rest of the car is original paint. It’s a good 5-footer, but it does have paint chips and door dings like any 16-year old car would. It’s never been in an accident, though I have had paintless dent removal (PDR) done on a couple door dings/dents over the years that were most annoying to me. The headlights still look great with very little hazing/yellowing – a good indicator the car has not sat outside.

The interior is in great condition, with no fading and very little wear on either the stock MOMO steering wheel or shifter. I think the rear seats have been sat in 4 times.

Reason for sale is that I have too many cars and not enough garage space. I will greatly miss this car, as manuals are becoming ever more scarce, but it’s time to move my Subie on to a new home.

Attached Files:

Krazylegz1485 likes this.
  2. wrxnofx

wrxnofx Active Member

More pics...

Attached Files:

3. Butthau5

Butthau5 Well-Known Member

Looks clean, I dunno if it's 12,500 clean. Either way good luck with the sale. Also do all the wagons of this year have the weird black 'bumpers' on the bumpers?

pillboy, silver03 and wrxnofx like this.
  4. wrxnofx

wrxnofx Active Member

Appreciate the response! The black things are called Corner Bumper Moldings - a dealer-installed option. I paid $90 for them, lol. The idea was to protect the painted bumpers from parallel parkers. I'm sure they can be removed, just don't know if there would be a ghost image where the paint is a different color.

Remember - bone stock :)

Butthau5 and Krazylegz1485 like this.
  5. wrxnofx

wrxnofx Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.