2006 Outback XT 5-spd $7,000

Discussion in 'FS: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats' started by corsaro, Feb 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corsaro

corsaro Active Member

I have a slightly sick Outback XT that has a few issues that considering either selling or repairing.

First the issues:

I have owned it for 4yrs and it has always burnt a lot of oil (around 1 qrt per 1000 miles), I am guess a ringland problem and rebuild required.

Clutch has just started slipping in 5th gear, I have an new OEM exedy sti clutch kit that would go with the car if sold. It already has a lightened single mass flywheel fitted to suit the sti clutch.

Also, there is a small leak somewhere on the intake which I can't find, on romraider logging the AF adjustment creeps up to max after resetting ECU.

It has around 137K, it is the XT limited spec with black leather interior.

Apart from the above issues the car is in good shape, and actually drives well.

It has the following additions:
    - VF52 turbo
    - Grimspeed TM intercooler
    - Grimspeed decat DP
    - Sti decat up-pipe
    - nameless 5-inch full exhaust system (if you like a loud exhaust you will love this).
    - Grimspeed Air/Oil seperator
    - Grimspeed brake brace
    - later OEM radio/cd (much better) with GROM USB/Bluetooth interface.
    - NF tune, pretty conservative.
    - Momo gear nob
    - Currently fitted with a good set of Bridgestone blizzaks.

Also comes with a nearly new VF40 turbo (I removed it to fit the VF52)

Price is firm, if no interest in the next couple of weeks I will just fix it myself.

Attached Files:

2. corsaro

corsaro Active Member

I should have added.

When I bought the car (at 112K) it had just had the new VF40 fitted as well as the heads reworked by a dealer (new timing belt).
    I have also removed the dreaded banjos and added an in-line after-market oil filter for the turbo oil line. Also done a TGV delete (removed the troublesome butterfly valves and removed code from ECU).
    Also replaced disks, pads etc in the last couple years.
    Since owning it I have put weathertec mats in front and back - I have the original mats too in excellent shape.

Just to re-iterate, apart from the clutch which needs replacing in the next few weeks the car is perfectly drivable as is, it idles smooth and pulls well. I have regularly changed and topped up the oil over the last few years. I am just being honest that at some time in the future it will probably need some engine work given the high oil consumption.

3. corsaro

corsaro Active Member

New clutch fitted and leakdown test done. Ringland starting to go one of the cylinders.

No interest so Just going to keep it and feed it oil until it pops and then rebuild ;o)

Please close the thread mods - thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.