2007 2.5 non turbo oil consumption

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by tx9h6e4cuda, Feb 11, 2018.

1. tx9h6e4cuda

tx9h6e4cuda New Member

On my recently purchased 2007 Impreza 2.5i, I noticed I'm going through a lot of oil.

I'm going through a quart every 1100-1200 miles.

The car runs flawlessly and doesn't smoke or leave any drips that I've noticed. The oil and antifreeze are always clean. The oil pressure switch was just replaced for pissing oil.

The car has 68,000 miles and quarts of oil are going to get expensive when my work week requires 816 miles of driving to and from work.

Any suggestions on where to start?

2. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Probably a different car. Unfortunately this is more common than not. 3 quarts between oil changes isn’t completely out of the ordinary

3. tx9h6e4cuda

tx9h6e4cuda New Member

Well if it's normal then I will keep the car and just throw oil in it. I have fallen for these cars. If it's a quark then I can live with it. I was concerned it was a serious issue that needed to be done.

I'm glad I'm running Rotella now and not Amsoil.

4. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

I’ve seen anywhere from no quarts, to 1 quart, to 3 quarts between oil changes reported on here. I think that it’s weird. But i’ve had mine checked out and the motor is good. *shrugs shoulders*

5. MidnightImpreza

MidnightImpreza Well-Known Member

My suggestion:
    Have the head gaskets checked.

Is your splash shield on the bottom of the car? That can catch oil leaks.

I had similar issues with my '06 and my head gaskets went bad because of the material they use. Replaced with metal gaskets and it's been great since.