2011 SCCA Rally Cross Schedule

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by Scuba Steve, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Well-Known Member

SCCALand O’ Lakes Region 2011 Rally Cross Schedule​

Date Venue Event Master(s) Event Name

March 5th Cannon Falls Dan Drury Treadin’ Thin Ice

April 3rd Raceway Park Tim Anderson Tax Brake

May 15th Cannon Falls** Brian Chabot Spring Fever

June 26th Running Aces** Dave Goodman June Bug

July 23rd Venue Open** Josh Storlie Blazin Sun

August 14th Venue Open** Brent Carlson/Jim Cox Dog Daze

September 25th Venue Open** Will Cammack Harvest Moon

October 30th Cannon Falls Alexis Lundgren Oktoberfest

November 12th Cannon Falls Dave Goodman Dirty Jack-O-Lantern

**Venue is tentative. Venue and date is subject to change.

The 2011 Rally Cross Series is heating up! We’re very excited to announce another great season of thrills in the dirt.

The 2010 season brought many changes to the series including two new venues, Raceway Park in Shakopee and Isanti County Fairgrounds in Cambridge.

In 2011 we are looking forward to our continued partnership with NOS Energy Drink and Morries Minnetonka Subaru as they will help support the series.

Special Notice: We are still attempting to secure additional venues for 2011. If you have any leads that result in a secured venue we use at least once throughout the 2011 season Dave Goodman, SCCA Land O' Lakes Region Rally Cross Chairperson is offering a $50.00 Visa Gift Card for your help and support!

Inquiries, Venue leads, or questions please call or email Dave Goodman @ 612-408-1704 or [email protected]

2. RexNEffect

RexNEffect Well-Known Member

Can't wait! But I might need to co-drive someone's car for the first one.

3. Back Road Runner

Back Road Runner Well-Known Member

Makes me wish I owned a lot of land...

If I'm content with the shape of mine by the time March rolls around, I'll let you co-drive mine, but I've kind of been avoiding using it for sport till I can refresh a bunch of stuff. Then again maybe I'll just beat on it till it breaks. I don't know. Poor college kid is a poor college kid, so I'm more inclined to co-drive my bro's FXT till I graduate and get my real job and real income to toss into the car.

I kinda want to co-drive Carl's car for one event cause I think locked diffs would be fun. :p

4. RexNEffect

Looks like Aqua Thunder's rally-x career will begin on March 5th! Sold it temporarily to Jesse, and he's been daily driving it with no major issues, so we'll see how it holds up to some rally-x action! '95 Impreza 2.2 coupe with "custom" paint job.

5. heel-&-toe

heel-&-toe Well-Known Member

How bad does Rally Cross tear up your car. I'm very interested but am guessing it's not the kind of thing you want to do with a new car?

6. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

All about how hard you drive it. I drove my (then new) WRX for a few years. As I got faster and wanted to push harder, I picked up a $750 beater and went to town.

7. RexNEffect

Just like he said. My '07 WRX had about 29k on it when I started almost 2 years ago. Raced it for two seasons and it still runs perfectly, but I can tell the suspension is wearing out faster. The more you race, the harder you'll push it. That's why this year I got a beater to use instead.

One nice thing though is that having the turbo and torque helped to compensate my rookie skills.

8. engstb

engstb Well-Known Member

Their is always Autox for people who dont want to mess up their car

9. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Well-Known Member

lol..AutoX is equally hard on a car, just different things break or wear out:cool:

10. 02subbieRS

02subbieRS Well-Known Member

I have a feeling most performance driving events are hard on a car :)

11. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

What Vector said. Lexie had her brand new 08 sti out there a while back (with 2 drivers even). Dustin(?) had a brand new 2011 sti out there last season as well. It depends on how you drive it and the venue as well.

Cannon Falls seems to be pretty easy on cars since its a large enough venue where we can have big sweeping courses and can change the course often when it starts to rut up. It's a soy bean field with little to no rocks so paint chips aren't really an issue.

If you still feel uncomfortable, come watch. Get a better feel for things. Maybe even ask for a co-drive. Assuming I can get my car to run it'll always be available for someone else to drive (bc no one wants to drive it lol).

+1!

Autox was really hard on all the suspension and chassis bushings, seat bolsters (until I got a harness... it still wore my seats out but not as bad), and tires on my old wrx. Rallyx has been hard on the struts and tie rods on my RS.

12. Gumby4mayor

Gumby4mayor Member

I will be at the Oktoberfest event in the 11wrx I just picked up. Should be fun, anyone else planning on going?

13. Fienix

Fienix Well-Known Member

How noob friendly is this? Is it kinda hardcore, or can someone who just wants to play in the dirt, with a mostly stock car, come out and run the course without fear of being laughed at/get in people's way? If you can't tell, i r noob.

14. Gumby4mayor

Gumby4mayor Member

Very noob friendly. You will have a blast I am sure. A few things you want/need

1.Snow tires, not required but helpful.
    2.FRS radio. (needed)
    3.Snell/M 1995 or newer helmet. Loaner helmets are available but the quantity is limited.

ONLINE REGISTRATION AT
    http://www.scca-lol.org/rally/rallyx/schedule.php
    Fees:
    SCCA Members: $35.00
    Non-SCCA Members*:$50.00
    Registration and/or Paying at the event, add $10.00

* Non-members are required to purchase an SCCA Weekend Membership for $15.00
    (The weekend membership can be used as a $15 discount on a full SCCA membership).

15. j_rex

j_rex Active Member

i think fees for cannon falls events are $40 and $55, or at least that's what they have been in the past.

Very noob friendly indeed, much more laid back than autox, but still competitive and safe.

16. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Typically the costs are $40/$55 as j_rex indicated. They were lower for the Pine City events due to distance and the unknowns about the venue.

However, Scuba Steve hasn't contacted me about raising the prices back up for the last two events. I suppose I should ask him.

17. Gumby4mayor

Gumby4mayor Member

I paid $30 to register, I am however an SCCA member.

18. omahasubaru

omahasubaru Member

Hey to you MN peeps. :) I'm looking for some feedback and info on what the Cannon Falls, MN RallyCross site is like. I'm thinking about making the drive up for the November 12th event. I just want to get a feel on the site, course length (50-60 sec usually or 90+). ALL feedback WELCOMED.

Nov 12Cannon Falls, MNDirty Jack-o-Lantern

Thanks - Jon

19. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

[​IMG]

Course will vary.

20. Fienix

Fienix Well-Known Member

It's $55 for Non-Members. I just registered.:frantic:

21. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Yeah, I spoke with Dave last night and we corrected the entry fees back to 40/55. Dave will work with those who registered beforehand to get stuff straightened out.