2012 Local Autocross Calendar

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by shane86, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Shane86

Shane86 Well-Known Member

Here is the 2012 Local Autocross calendar.
    This includes MAC, SCCLAC, CVSCC, And PCA/COM events.
    Links are to additional information and registration for each event

APRIL 28..........NOVICE DRIVER'S SCHOOL CLASSROOM, DUNWOODY (Saturday)
    APRIL 29..........NOVICE DRIVER'S SCHOOL, MIDWAY STADIUM

MAY 5.............AUTOCROSS - MOWOG 1, VALLEYFAIR (Saturday)
    MAY 6.............AUTOCROSS - MOWOG 2, VALLEYFAIR

MAY 19...........SCCLAC MEMBERS-ONLY TEST & TUNE, WINONA
    MAY 20...........SCCLAC SOLO EVENT #1, WINONA

JUNE 2...........TEEN DRIVING SCHOOL, DCTC (Saturday)

JUNE 10..........CVSCC AUTOCROSS

JUNE 16..........TEST & TUNE, DCTC (Saturday)
    JUNE 17..........AUTOCROSS - MOWOG 3, DCTC

JUNE 24..........COM AUTOCROSS, DCTC

JUNE 30..........AUTOCROSS - MOWOG 4, DCTC (Saturday)

JULY 1............SCCLAC SOLO EVENT #2, WEST SALEM, WI

JULY 14..........NOVICE DRIVER'S SCHOOL CLASSROOM, DUNWOODY (Saturday)
    JULY 15..........NOVICE DRIVER'S SCHOOL, MIDWAY STADIUM

JULY 29..........SCCLAC SOLO EVENT #3, WINONA

AUG 4............TEST & TUNE, DCTC (Saturday)
    AUG 5............AUTOCROSS - MOWOG 5, DCTC

AUG 18..........TEST & TUNE, DCTC (Saturday)
    AUG 19..........AUTOCROSS - MOWOG 6, DCTC

AUG 25..........SCCLAC SOLO EVENT #4, WINONA
    AUG 26..........SCCLAC SOLO EVENT #4, WINONA

SEPT 9..........COM AUTOCROSS, DCTC

SEPT 23.........CVSCC AUTOCROSS

SEPT 29........AUTOCROSS - MOWOG 7, CANTERBURY PARK (Saturday)
    SEPT 30........AUTOCROSS - MOWOG 8, CANTERBURY PARK

SEPT 30........SCCLAC SOLO EVENT #5, WEST SALEM, WI

OCT 7..........AUTOCROSS - MOWOG 9, MIDWAY STADIUM

2. Shane86

Bumping this up, the registration for the 2nd novice school is now open (July 14-15)

A sticky would be nice too :)

3. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this up btw. I'm looking forward to making to as many events as I can this year.

4. Subie Lovers

Subie Lovers Well-Known Member

Stickied but to much to list for the calander!

5. Shane86

Just a friendly BUMP reminder that the novice school on July 14-15 is coming up, and there are plenty of spots available.
    It's a great way to get tons of seat time and some good instruction for not a lot of money

6. Shane86

Bump!
    MOWOG 6 is this Sunday and we don't have alot of people registered right now (last i checked it was around 50)
    So, TONS of runs will happen.

7. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

Do you have to be a mac member to run the tnt? Haven't been to a mac event in a couple years. Might run Sunday if Saturday is a no go.

8. Shane86

Yes, you have to be a member to run in the tnt, but you can join on site if you want to.

9. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

I still haven't registered, but I'm planning for at least Sunday.

10. Roboduck

Roboduck Active Member

I live 3 blocks from DCTC and somehow have never been to an autocross event. I'll have to stop by this weekend.

11. idget

Shane, can you link me to the rulebook or do you know what class I'd be in? I think the turbo ended up in asp last time I ran an event 2 years ago. I'm guessing the rules have changed since then. It's stock except for a catback and (stock sized) aftermarket wheels/tires. Tires are street compound (ad08).

12. Shane86

http://www.scca.com/assets/2012_Solo_Rules_May.pdf
    they did do a stock class re-org this year. so you may actually be able to land in SS now.

13. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

Is there a class for turbo land yachts?

14. MNGman

MNGman Well-Known Member

We do have a "Novice" class which is basically a run what you brung class. No need to worry about classing if you just want to get your feet wet.
    You will need to pass a tech inspection which is outlined below. One change to note is helmets need to be Snell M2005 or greater.
    SECTION 4: SAFETY INSPECTION. (No exceptions to Section 4)

4.1 All vehicles must pass a safety inspection prior to entering the event course. The entry fee will be refunded if a vehicle fails to pass this inspection. Car number and class designation shall be displayed legibly on both sides of the car. Car numbers shall be a minimum of 8 inches high. Class letters shall be a minimum of 4 inches high. Class shall be represented by the upper case abbreviated form. Met Council Street Tire class shall be indicated by a “T” preceding the regular class letters. Met Council Pro class shall be indicated by a “P” preceding the regular class letters.
    4.2 Safety helmets are required for all competitors. Helmets must be Snell "M" or "SA" approved, 2000 or newer.
    4.3 A driver's seat lap belt with metal-to-metal, quick release buckle shall be required in competing vehicles and shall be securely mounted to the frame or body of the vehicle.
    4.4 Wheel bearings, wheels, shock absorbers and steering mechanisms must be in safe operating condition. Tires should be free of deep cuts and bulges and no cords should be visible. Met Council does not require a minimum tread depth, but the safety conditions described in the previous sentence must be met throughout a day's competition. A tire with cords visible, regardless of the cord material or its position on the tire, must be replaced or the vehicle will not be permitted to continue to compete.
    4.5 Brakes must operate on all four wheels and must be activated by a single pedal and be capable of stopping the vehicle safely.
    4.6 Steering-wheel spinner knobs must normally be removed, but any special manual and pedal controls are allowed when required by a physically disabled driver.
    4.7 Hubcaps or wheel covers that are likely to come off must be removed.
    4.8 All loose items shall be removed from the car.
    4.9 A vehicle that fails to meet any of the preceding requirements or which is judged by the Safety Inspector to be overly noisy or in unsafe or hazardous operating condition or for any other reasons, shall be barred from the event until the deficiency is corrected. The Chief Technical Inspector may make such a judgment at any time during the event.

15. Shane86

If you're referring to a Legacy GT... it's a D-Stock car. It can modify up into STX, ESP, and SM
    ;)

16. idget

What are the rules for novice class? They still have the "you win it and youure kicked out rule?" Its been 5 years since I won that class but ihonestly I don't care where I land. Its 6minutes of driving. I just know other people care so I'm trying to get the classing right... looks like ssp?

17. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

assuming you're talking about your porsche, which I'm assuming is the 911 turbo (stock turb0), then yep, it looks like ssp would be the class. Says at the start of the classes that the 911 turbo isn't eligible for stock classes, so you wouldn't be eligible for SS. But since you're in ssp, you can play with all sorts of mods!

18. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

alternatively, you could just run Novice and whip the poopie of everybody...assuming you remember how to drive in autox after 5 years :p

On a sidenote, I'm registered for saturday and sunday...hope to see you out there!

19. Shane86

Bumping this up!
    We're entering the final throws of this year's local autocross season, and this weekend is one of our largest events!

MNAutox has rented a large lot a Canterbury Downs, and those of us who have gone to nats this year are bringing you back some of the tasty course morsels we got to drive there.

There are two events this weekend, one Saturday and one on Sunday to combine for a full weekend of autocrossing if you want, or just pick your day of choice and come join us! There's plenty of spots open and walk up registration will be available (although at an added fee), and if registration winds up staying low we can expect more runs on this excellent site!

Even if this is your first event, don't hesitate to register! Canterbury is an excellent site to learn at, as you can see the whole course from the sidelines. And as usual, we offer free instructor ride alongs and loaner helmets! All you really need is yourself and a car!

If your interested in registering, check the links in the original post!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  20. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

The weather forecast is expected to be perfect for this event. ;)

21. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Last event of the year on this Sunday, 10/7. I'll be out in the new toy, and the event is also Top Gear themed...come out to compete and/or spectate!