2013 SCCA LOL Region Rallycross Planning Meet - Monday, 12/3

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by RexNEffect, Nov 6, 2012.

1. RexNEffect

RexNEffect Well-Known Member

Now that the 2012 season is officially over, it's time to start thinking about next year! Everyone is welcome, members and future members, to come and offer their input and advice to help make the 2013 rallycross season even better than this year! Tim and I are extremely excited about adding at least a couple of new venues, and we are in need of any tips or leads on places we can race at. Cannon Falls does the job, but it would definitely be nice to find some more areas (and possibly closer or at least on the other side of the Twin Cities) to go to on a regular basis. If you find a site that we use at least once next year, you will have FREE entry to all the rallycross events for a year! So, keep an eye out for sites that meet the following requirements and PM Tim (Tim the Plumber) or myself, Brian, with details:

-Within an hour from downtown Minneapolis or St. Paul
    -Unpaved, or scarcely paved, surface that preferably is hard-packed or has a hard-packed surface just below the soft stuff (large gravel parking lots would be the best!)
    -Wide-open area and mostly flat, with no obstacles (trees, curbs, etc.) that is at least 5 acres or larger
    -Easy access, and not too close to areas where the dust would be an issue (like residences, retail businesses, etc.)

Other topics we would want to discuss would be reviewing and possibly changing the LOL Region Championship Series Rules and discussing the event schedule. We would also be looking for people to volunteer to do more than call in cones, like being an Event Master at one or more events! The benefits of running an event is that you can either have FREE entry to the race or take the 1st place points for your class. Of course the best part in my opinion is being able to design the course, and have the final vote on certain decisions, like when to break for lunch, who won the infamous Dora the Explorer backpack and has to wear it at the next event, etc. :D (You do need to be an SCCA member before the meeting to be able to run an event.)

So come out to Davanni's in Roseville on Monday, December 3rd at 7:00 and become a more integral part of the sport you love! Or just be a wallflower, eating delicious pizza, and taking it all in. Either works for us. ;)

http://www.google.com/maps?q=davanni's,+roseville&hl=en&ll=45.013724,-93.180714&spn=0.034464,0.070553&sll=46.44186,-93.36129&sspn=8.601624,18.061523&hq=davanni's,&hnear=Roseville,+Ramsey,+Minnesota&t=m&z=14

And here's a link to the FB event:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/114718082023756/?ref=notif&notif_t=plan_user_joined

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  2. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Booo! I am busy all Monday nights at 7pm.:( I'll have to see if i can work something out, maybe get a replacement for the evening. Here's to hoping!

If you have any interest in RallyX at all, you should be at this event!!!

3. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

I think I can make this!

4. Back Road Runner

Back Road Runner Well-Known Member

I have a coworker with relatives that own a lot of land around the Mankato area. I was chatting with him today, got on the subject of looking for new locations, and he thinks there's some options for use, some of which may also include gravel. Unfortunately the Mankato area is quite a trip for some folks, especially the Duluth crowd. I'll have to see how this pans out.

5. RexNEffect

Sorry to say, but Mankato is just too far. The only way we might consider it is if there is a nice gravel lot. Are you gonna make it to the planning meeting? I'll be starting up a Facebook event on the LoL group or page soon and send out invites.

On the plus side, Jesse, Tim, and myself scouted out a new location in Hastings that we are willing to try early in the season next year! We will see how it holds up after one event and go from there.

6. Back Road Runner

Back Road Runner Well-Known Member

That's basically what I figure. Gravel is what I'm most curious about too.

7. RexNEffect

Added a link to the Facebook event page.

8. RexNEffect

Less than a week away! Who's planning to attend?

9. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Made arrangements. I'll be there tomorrow night!

RexNEffect likes this.
  10. RexNEffect

Awesome Josh! Glad to hear you can make it!

If you have any interest in rallycross at all, please come and just listen in if you like.

11. doubleURX

doubleURX Active Member

Hey, I'm hoping to get into RallyX in 2013. I'm planning on being there tonight for some more info. Thanks for the heads up!

Ylime and RexNEffect like this.