2016 LBP WRX Build Thread

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Physwm2501, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Physwm2501

Physwm2501 Member

Now that I've finally received my car I figured it's only right to start the build thread for it.
    [​IMG]

My first mod was pretty straight forward and that was to replace the stock mirror with an auto dim model. I decided to go with a different mirror then the one subaru offered because the newer model is a frameless design.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Added my IAG AOS this weekend because I've been concerned with oil getting into my intake, which will hopefully result in less carbon build up over the life of the motor. I especially wanted to get this in early given I hope to go stage 2 in a few years time.

The install itself was a lot more difficult then I was expecting, especially after having some issues getting any boost after the install. The problem was at WOT the car wouldn't hold boost, it just wavered between 15 and 20 psi. Thinking this was a boost leak I took everything back off the car several times making sure everything was sealed. Still had the same issue but realized I had disconnected the battery to do the install, so at this point I'm thinking the ecu is running in a conservative mode while it relearns the settings. After about 50 miles the car is responding much better and continues to improve. If I'm completely wrong please feel free to correct me, this car is very new to me and my first turbo'd vehicle.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Today I have the car in for tint and clear bra with Chris. Went with full frontal protection, along with the mirrors and headlights. For tint just went with a 50% carbon.

tehfuzz and tangledupinblu like this.
  2. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Like the mirror. Do they make a Homelink enabled version?

(Edit: looks like they do, but the additional buttons kinda ruin the frameless look: http://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/rlt-50-genk80a.htm)

Dropping my '16 LBP off for clear bra and interior/exterior treatments on Friday.

3. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

You'll be super happy with it! Chris is stellar!!

tehfuzz likes this.
  4. DuckSauce

DuckSauce Member

Nice excited to see more 15+ builds. I really like those wheels and wish mine came with them.

5. Physwm2501

Physwm2501 Member

Honestly you'll have to come take a look at mine. The button really isn't that noticeable and the frameless model has 8 levels of shade which is actually pretty cool.

Install was really straight forward, the most difficult part was probably splicing the subaru adapter to the newer gentex style. The actual connection in the car is a pre exciting plug.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Physwm2501

Physwm2501 Member

Yeah he was definitely awesome to talk to and was very informative. Work looks top notch, he worked from 9am-5pm on it! I will post some pics when everything has set and I am able to get it washed.

tangledupinblu likes this.
  7. Physwm2501

Physwm2501 Member

I really like how they turned out with the LBP, will have to see what I end up using for my winter and summer rims.

8. Physwm2501

Physwm2501 Member

This is a fairly lengthy video but it does show how the homelink lights are actually built into the mirror.

9. Physwm2501

Physwm2501 Member

Wow I forgot the link...

10. Physwm2501

Physwm2501 Member

Well, pulled the intercooler and EGR pipe back off the car so I could get to the brass fitting I installed when I moved the PCV valve. Went to see how tight it was and it pulled right off, they only supplied zip ties and where the fitting is located is nearly impossible to get the zip tight, so I slapped a hose clamp on.

Also noticed a small leak in the metal EGR gasket, so I cleaned up all the mating surfaces before remounting the pipe.

When I re installed the intercooler I but some silicon grease on the gaskets to help slide it back in.

Car is running like a champ now!

tangledupinblu likes this.
  11. tonyv

tonyv Well-Known Member

Did you order your car through Heuberger Subaru?

12. Physwm2501

Physwm2501 Member

Yep that's the place. Made for a fun road trip.

13. tonyv

tonyv Well-Known Member

Was the wait long? I sent them an email this morning. Hopefully they respond and give me a decent quite for a 2016 wrx limited.

14. Physwm2501

Physwm2501 Member

I ordered on April 24th and it came in July 1st. Seems like orders are going a bit quicker now though.