2020 Onyx Check Engine

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by Queue, Jun 14, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Queue

Queue Well-Known Member

Greetings, a couple of days ago, after starting my 2020 Onyx XT, the Check Engine, RAB and Eye Site lights came on (Check Engine is not flashing). Everything thing else (except cruise control) seems to be working.

I have an appointment this week but, I am reaching out to see if anyone if anyone has encountered this and, if so, what this issue might be.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

2. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Hmmm, I do recall a thread about something very similar on a crosstrek, I believe. I can’t recall exactly what the issue was. But I’ll try to remember or find the thread for ya

3. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Almost any diagnostic code will trip those lights. Either plug in a code reader, or shine up your crystal ball, mine's a little hazy :p

4. Queue

Queue Well-Known Member

Thanks

5. Queue

Queue Well-Known Member

Good advice….;)

6. KA-T_240

KA-T_240 Well-Known Member

With out a code there is literally nothing we can do or suggest.

That being said, if you recently got fuel, I would say to go and remove your gas cap to make sure the surface is clear of debris and then reinstall. Drive the car a bit(as long as there are not any current drive ability issues) and see if it goes away.

Queue likes this.
  7. Queue

Queue Well-Known Member

The dealer said it was the gas cap. Honestly, I am surprised that an ill-fitting gas cap would render key safety systems useless.

Oddly enough I gassed it up a couple days before my service appointment and likely put the cap on as I always have. I’ll twist a couple extra clicks going forward.

8. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

I think that it is less likely how many clicks, and more likely that it may have gotten cross threaded at a bit of an angle? Either way, you are not the first nor the last to have this happen with a Subaru:D

Queue likes this.