3/17/13 Drive n' Dine - Meat Sweats Meet - Best Steak House

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by SurlyOldManMN, Mar 15, 2013.

1. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

Hi folks,

It's time for another Drive n' Dine! I apologize for the late notice on this one. We will be meeting at or very near the Maverick's parking lot on Larpentuer and Lexington in Roseville. The route will be the "St Paul Lakes Tour" that we didn't get to do last month due to ice, but in reverse.

We will be departing around 12:30, arriving at Best Steak House on White Bear Ave and Larepentuer around 1:00:

http://www.arisbeststeakhouse.com/
    1676 White Bear Avenue N.
    St. Paul, Minnesota

For those that have never been, Best Steak House is a local staple with a long history of serving improbably, almost suspiciously cheap, good eats in the St. Paul community. This has been on the go-to list of more people than I can mention. My family used to make special trips out from Stillwater when I was kid. My wife's family would and still does often use it for family birthdays/anniversaries/etc. My mom's significant other turns out to have close personal ties with the owners to the point where I've been known to get "bonus steak" for mere affiliation. Almost all of my friends and acquaintances from the area know of this place.

This place is teh bidness. Seriously. You will NOT find a better steak dinner for less than double or triple the price anywhere else. Everything is straight forward, no bs, no frills. A "git r dun" blue collar steak house, just the way I like it.

I'll post some more pictures, routes, etc when I get home.

bduncs likes this.
  2. SurlyOldManMN

Here is the route. Departure time is 12:30. I'm not expecting a huge crowd. I am expecting to have an awesome, cheap steak dinner one way or the other. :)

http://goo.gl/maps/Rx6F9

Departure will be from Maverick's parking lot, since a lot of people know where that is already:
    Maverick's, 1746 Lexington Avenue North, Roseville

3. drunknmunky81

drunknmunky81 Well-Known Member

Best Steakhouse is bomb. Best place to get a steak cooked the way you want. Also, the texas toast you get with the meal is great. Might try to come meet up with you guys there since I live so close.

4. SurlyOldManMN

I have the wife and kid with me. Which means I'm running a little late. Probably be at the departure point around 12:40.