97 legacy gt stumbling and missing

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by subynate, Mar 7, 2012.

1. subynate

subynate Well-Known Member

Car: 97 legacy gt 2.5l
    Modifications: none
    Problem Description: after starting car it runs fine until it warms up, it then stumbles/misses and low on power in low rpms. I had a p0400 code, pulled the egr valve and cleaned it and replaced gasket. Went to orileys cleared code, another code came up p0301 misfire cyl 1. I just pulled the #1 plug still clean and is gapped at .o40
    Recent Modifications/Maintenance: head gaskets, timing belt, water pump, ignition coil, and battery.

2. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

Compression test time on that cylinder, probably a burned valve, its not super common, but they are probably second behind the wrx at burning an exhaust valve.

3. subynate

subynate Well-Known Member

Well the head on that side is almost new, 6 new exhaust valves and 4 intake, along with valve seals and valve lash set, I'm thinking it's fueling now, either injector or front o2 sensor. The reason I think it could be that on start up it runs fine until it goes to closed loop. Just throwing ideas out.

4. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

or the valve expands...Hows the clearance on your valves? Move an injector, see if it moves.

5. spudd

spudd Well-Known Member

i had the same thing on my 99 lgt. i had 2 intake valves on cyl 4 with a very slight bend that it would drive down the highway nice and smooth but when you stopped at a light it would miss constantly