98 legacy outback $500

Discussion in 'FS: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats' started by AlecR, Sep 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlecR

AlecR Active Member

98 legacy, timing belt tensioner went (on part of me being lazy and reusing the old one) have a good set of heads, gasket kit, timing kit, and head studs. Everything you need to get it running and other miscellaneous parts. Will post pictures eventually, I’m in buffalo car is in elk river so once I get over there. No rust 130kish miles.

2. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

A 22 year old Subaru with no rust...

3. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

I am SO not in the market...but with that kind of miles, you've got my attention.

It'd be pretty amazing not to have any rust, so definitely want to see pictures.

Cotts612 likes this.
  4. AlecR

AlecR Active Member

K 22 year old Subaru with one tiny rust spot.

Attached Files:

MrBlue, euro, Cotts612 and 1 other person like this.
  5. AlecR

AlecR Active Member

Somebody buy this before it snows so I don’t have to scrap it. I have the short block the good heads came off as well and a bunch of other random DOHC stuff to go with it.

6. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

Hmmm. I'm relatively close. 5 spd or auto? How long has it been sitting in the tall weeds? How long since it was driven last?

7. AlecR

AlecR Active Member

It’s an auto. The timing belt went 2 years ago, was stored indoors up until about a month ago (stored at work, got a different job. Wasn’t heated storage but concrete floor pole building. No signs of any mice activity what so ever) interior is just as nice as the exterior.

Krazylegz1485 likes this.
  8. pleiades

pleiades Well-Known Member

Definitely interested. Aside from the engine is there anything else keeping it from being roadworthy? Tires and brakes good, all lights and accessories functional, etc?

9. AlecR

AlecR Active Member

Last it drove everything was functional. Even the heated seats worked. Like I said no sign of any mice so everything should still work. If you’re close to elk river I’ll be around this weekend if you want to come have a look at it.

10. pleiades

pleiades Well-Known Member

Not real close (in WI a little over an hour away) but I could come out Sunday to check it out before trailering it and committing to the project. Shoot me a PM with the address and time you're available when you can. Thanks.

11. AlecR

AlecR Active Member

Annnnnd sold

Chux likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.