AARRF/Donnybrooke @ BIR

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by Musashi, Aug 5, 2004.

1. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

I am proud to announce a partnership with Donnybrooke that will provide you with premium track time at Brainerd International raceway on the following dates.

August 23

September 20

[​IMG]

Donneybrooke's URL: http://www.donnybrooke.com/driving_school/school_home.htm

I negotiated a deal for AARRF members and AARRF High speed license holders to attend Donnybrooke driving schools and or rent Donnybrooke spec racers at a reduced rate.

Register through AARRF either online or by sending a check to the AARRF office.

All American Road Racing Federation
    291 113th Avenue NE
    Blaine, MN 55434-1872
    Phone: 763.754.3560

You can bring your own machine or rent a Donnybrook spec racer. Great savings for AARRF members and AARRF license holders.

AARRF/Donnybrooke Driving School
    $195.00 a $30 savings.

AARRF/Donnybrooke Spec racer rental
    $220 a session as $80 savings.

[​IMG]

Registration link: http://www.aarrf.com/calendar/db_2004.asp

Spec Racer Link: http://www.donnybrooke.com/racing/spec_ford.htm

SPECIFICATIONS
    VEHICLE: SCCA Spec Racer
    CHASSIS: Tube frame
    ENGINE: 1.9 liter fuel-injected
    SOHC 8 valve Hemi-head
    4 cylinder (inline), water cooled
    TRANSMISSION: 5 speed
    EXHAUST: Custom
    ENGINE MGMT: Electronic
    WHEELBASE: 92"
    WEIGHT: 1640 lbs. (with driver)
    BODYWORK: 3 piece Fiberglass
    HORSEPOWER: 105 +
    TOP SPEED: 135 mph +

2. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

Woah :eek:

Chong, do I need to get an AARRF license to attend this one? I mean Donny B. host their class requiring that a driver has a drivers license. Don't tell me AARRF is going to do their own thing for this event?

3. Musashi

Vic,

Good question, I can ask if your serious about going, I have been wanting to take a class, I find out for ya. If I go I plan on renting AARRF/Donnybrooke Spec racer rental
    $220 a session as $80 savings.

Standby!

C :D

4. yosmiley

Chong, yes I am very interested... do find out from Llew if he's going to push AARRF license, cause if he isn't... I'm going for sure.

If Llew is pushing that we get his AARRF license, I'll have to sit this one out.

If I could get in on this one, I'll cancel my trip to BIR with the Audi club and do this one instead. Yes, I would rent Donny's ride as well.

Can't beat $220!

5. Musashi

Vic,

I should know something by tomorrow, I feel that it would not make alot of sense to require the Yellow License for a Drivers training event. There is so much stuff going on that weekend at CBIR, I'm so tempted to participate as a volunteer during the Viperdays. There is Three Events starting Aug. 20, 21 and 22.

I'll post what I find out tomorrow, and if I dont like with I get and your still interested I'll try and work something out for us! ;)

C

6. yosmiley

Thanks, I'm sure Matt would be someone who's interested as well.

7. Musashi

Lets not jump to any conclusions now, we know where thats going to end up! I already talked with Ob1, and I'm still trying to get him back in to AARRF events!

C ;)

8. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

Vic, it's not the car that'll make you fast. It's the feeling you get "when you're only going 10 mph around corner and end up in the dirt and afraid that you'll pay $$ because Chong will tell on you when you get back" that'll make you fast. :cool:

Is this one held at Brainard? Is there going to be staff positions open? Will staff personnel get any benefits, or will they be treated like slaves w/ a free lunch? :)

9. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

This sounds like a big one. I don't know if juniors like fong can be a staff. All he did last time was cracking up jokes and didn't pay attention :p.

10. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

I'll do what I'm good at. I havn't been to the BIR yet, so it could be fun!

11. Musashi

Vic,

As promised this is the response I recieved: "this school is set up for both newbies/novices and experienced drivers. Donnybrooke will put new drivers through a classroom session then have a professional instructor take the driver out on the track."

================
    Mr. F,

I'm not sure what exactly your really good at other than what I see on our forum, but I would encourage you to attend this one, yeah its a big one, and yes little newbies can play too. Nows your chance to race Vic in an equal situation in the same cars! You better get mov'in before he gets a Quantum Leap on your Butt!

===================
    This is a quote from AARRF:
    "When Tom, Natalie and I rented spec racers from Donnybrooke we were allowed to pass on the entire track. It was a blast. I even diced it up with the instructor. I'll never forget being chased into turn three.

I stood on the gas in fourth and tracked out setting up for turn three when he dove underneath me, outbreaking me and passed. He got there first but I was carrying more speed with my line so I jumped onto his tail. The chase was on. I watched sparks dance from under his car as I pursued him through apexs. Gravel glaced off my helmet while the heady smell of hot brakes and the site of his rear tires stepping out sent me into a primal predatory trance. Man it was fun. Open cars are a new experience

I'll also never forget chasing Tom out of 7-8. Tom would always lift for 9. I would set myself up so that I could hold the throttle open from 7 through 8 and 9 so I had a good run on Tom up the straight from 9 to 10. We dove through 10 together. I drafted him popped out of his slipstream and ran smack into a wall of air. LOL! The cars are identical so I only had the inertia I gained running up his slipstream to pass him with. Tom spotted me out of the corner of his eye and frantically tried to duck into his cockpit to make his car more aerodynamic. LOL! He was ducking, we were both rocking in our cars then suddenly waved at each other half way down the straight. LOL! Man I can't wait to get into one of those cars again. Track day includes classroom instruction from a professional Formuala Atlantic driver and catered lunch. This is a track day school."

Enjoy, see ya at the Track!

C }:) :D

12. yosmiley

I am so IN... Thanks for the info Chong... I'm signing up right now online.

Matt, you coming? Chong? Fong?

I'm having second thought about the Audi event this Sept. I might just cancel that since I'm attending the Donny B. event with AARRF.

13. Substeroo

Substeroo Well-Known Member

Dude, I am interested too. Let me check my schedule.

14. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

Banned}:)

15. yosmiley

Chong, there's no link to register for the Donnybrook event? Where's it at?

Matt, I don't think they even remember what happen... just sign up and drive ;)

16. subi_2.5rs

subi_2.5rs New Member

so wat kinda license do we need?

17. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

I'm trying to figure out the pricing...

$195 fee for the school, regardless if you bring your own ride or rent the spec racer?

$220 per SESSION to rent a spec racer.. that goes on top of the $195? So if I do one session in the spec racer it's $415?

18. yosmiley

J, sit down before you hurt yourself... I think, $220 includes the ride for the full day session. 1 session equals 1 days class... so I don't think it's as shallow as you stated, unless Chong or Llew can come in here and confirm this... Maybe a post on AARRF.com will clear things up.

19. Musashi

U boyz, what am I speaking Spanish here!

A. Bring your own A4 $195.00 (all day)

B. Rent the Spec racer $220 (all day)

20. Substeroo

What's the spec racer? I mean what kind of car? Open wheel?

21. Musashi

Noah,

GO read my post again, I just added more info.

C

22. Substeroo

Oh so cool! Another event at Dakota county too! :p

23. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

Thanks that makes more sense.. Session to me means one session on the track.. 30 minutes or however long each session is.

24. Musashi

JP,

Your Welcome, hope to you sign-up so we can settle this once and for all! ;) And incase your not satisfied we can alwayz have a Episode II. :D

C

ps. Come and get some! :p

25. Musashi

Alright I just signed up, my better half is going to give me this as a B-day gift. So everyone better let me pass, cuz its my BIG day! :D

C

*I'm all registered! :cool:

26. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Mushashi

JP,

Your Welcome, hope to you sign-up so we can settle this once and for all!
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

If I had a lot of money.. I would.;-) I'm already signed up for the Audi Club 2 day BIR extraveganza.. I can't afford to do this as well :-( . Make sure to write down your lap times and we'll compare those. Easiest way is to use a digital camcorder in the car and choose a point on the track where you check the time. This is easier cause you don't have to do anything during the event.. just a few days later when you watch the footage :-D

-Jordan

27. Musashi

JP,

Not going to happen. I have not cared about my track times since I started racing. You must be a loyal Audi member to know cancel out. I guess Vic can do things like that since he's not a member. Or are you in some kinda trouble if quit on your Audi buddies, will they hurt you!

Come on its cheaper to go to this event. And I' promise I will only be laughing with you and not at U!

C }:)