? about this camara

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by kongzilla, Dec 7, 2005.

1. kongzilla

kongzilla Well-Known Member

2. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

Get a Nikon. You'll hate not having a grip to hold on to...especially when you get 'finger shadows.' More megapixels isn't always better. I'd go look at them at the store to make yoru decision.

3. kongzilla

which nikon do you recomend.

4. kongzilla

5. dezavu

dezavu New Member

IMHO i think it's too much pixel... it's an overkill. the average person will suffice with 4 megapixels... heck, 4 megapixels is like a marshmallow, 8 megapixels is like sugar coated marshmallows. you get my drift? it's gotten no timer modes, no flash modes, no digital zooms, no image magnification and it seems like it needs a decent amount of light for better pictures, being that it isn't ISO 400 compliant! (something like that) ... but i guess those are things you'll have to think about... whether or not you're actually going to be using that stuff. it's a really sweet price for something that's an 8 mp camera... but it misses out on some of the smaller little details. you don't get something for nothing, i guess...

i don't know... do a little more looking around... if none of the features really matter, than i say go for it... it's not a bad camera, but then again, i'm not a photographer... and tell your bro-in-law to hook it up wth an iPod! hehe

6. 02blubru

02blubru Well-Known Member

I have a cannon powershott S1 with image stabalizer. I love it. When I bought my camera I chose 10x optical zoom over more megapixel. Best move I made with the camera.

7. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

Here is a sweet camera. Remember, the little square cameras suffer from ergonomics...they aren't comfortable to use, and you will get 'finger shadows' on occasion. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...CategoryId=pcmcat31000050010&id=1122652695905 That is a pretty good deal IMO. It even has wi-fi connectivity so you could pretty much connect to any computer that has wifi. About half the laptops on the market have wifi built in. 5.1MP is pretty nice too. Lots of features.

8. kongzilla

thanks