ah....my car is totaled

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by billylee0000, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billylee0000

billylee0000 Well-Known Member

well...some asswipe reared ended me and i ended up getting sandwhiched between 2 cars...my front was damaged pretty badly..then the guy who hit me backs up and drives away..my subie maybe lost forever... i'll post some pictures up when i get to take some soon.. :emo:

***UPDATED 11-15-07***
    alrite i finally got the pictures of the damage..U guys are so gonna hate seeing this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Taras

Taras BANNED

wow, man! I am sorry to hear that! Hope you will still get enough money back from insurance company. Just wonder, can you total a car twice? If it is already been totaled ones? BTW, you actually might get more money from IC than you paid for it. And you could get you self a nice clean Subie!

3. EggRoll

EggRoll Well-Known Member

oh dear, I'm sorry! what an *******, did you get his plates?

4. hakstern

hakstern Member

wow!! Sad trip foreals man...hopefully you got his plates down....should've gotten a very good description of his ride and report it to the cops!! I hate those guys who won't take responsibility for their mistakes! Good luck on catching the guy!

5. esperunit

esperunit Well-Known Member

yeah good description of the car and they can watch to see if it checks into any body shops, probably pretty heavily damaged as well if you got sandwiched. Good thing is in most hit and runs the penalties are very severe so if they do catch the guy its probably going to screw him over big time. usually its uninsured drivers or drunks who flee.

6. billylee0000

see the thing is, i didn't get a look at the plates, but i did catch the car. it was a white toyota cruiser...i even told the cop this and he didn't care...he claims that i was having "problems" with the one in the cruiser and i was like "how can i? i just got on the highway" the cop IMO took one look at my car and one look at me and automatically assumed it was my fault from the start. i mean, that was the very first words that came out of his mouth as well, "what did u do" i was like "WTF man!? i didn't do anything, i got rear ended can't u see!?"

7. bikerwriter

bikerwriter Well-Known Member

Some cops are just turds.

That really sucks, though, because without the other car, you'll probably get nailed by insurance (especially if the cop ticketed you).

8. esperunit

your insurance person will be interested even if the cops arent becuase of subrogation (the process by which inusurers seek to revocer paid losses) so they may actually be more interested in finding the white land cruiser so tey can get their money back from them.

like I said, time of day etc point to you getting hit by a drunk driver, I would have told the cop that and then berated him for his lack of seriousness about drunks running around smashing into people.

9. rsverv

rsverv Well-Known Member

sorry to hear about your car... hope all goes well for ya!

10. bikerwriter

11. wagonL

wagonL Well-Known Member

sorry to hear about your car...swap it into a gc! :D

12. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

That really sucks. I hoe that you or your insurance company are able to find that guy.

13. EggRoll

I think your insurance company will bug the cops about it, I also think you should bug the cops about it too. I was rear ended by a drunk the first month I got my baby. I called the cops and they weren't able to find them that night. So the following week I went to the police station, filed a report, had them take pictures of the damage on my car, then gave them endless non stop phone calls every day. I did have the plates in this case though, and the cops went to the the location of the car and left a phone message for the CUN^ saying she needs proof of insurance. Soon after I got a call from her insurance company in which I started to yell and scream about how the whor3 face was drunk and took off, and on and on about how I could've been hurt. I gave them five phone numbers of witnesses and a week after I got a check the fix the bumper.

14. billylee0000

unfortunately i couldn't get the plates...only the description it all happeneded pretty fast..i was still in shock from the collision..i was hit pretty hard. From what the officer claimed though, witnesses called in...but the only thing is, they called in saying i was having "problems with the car behind me"...i was like WTF!? how's that possible, i just got on the highway and had just merged..but yeah...my buddies were working on the physics of how i was hit and i think we've got a pretty strong case as well lol....

15. mlgez

mlgez Well-Known Member

Sorry to here about the car. Personally I would also file a complaint about the officer. Some are cool others need to have an attitude adjustment from a superior. Was his attitude related to your age/race/other? Sometimes complaints about discrimination get a little more attention too. If he gets a lot of complaints maybe something will be done about it. I have met some really down to earth officers but I have run in to a few that are total asses and their superiors need to know about it.

16. gc8

gc8 Well-Known Member

or maybe by vehicle? everyone knows that the STi wings are cop magnets (for some cops) as it is...so seeing an STi in an accident (certain) cops see the driver of the STi of being a lil racer and therefore his fault.

in this case it really doesnt make sense since you were rear-ended, but some people/cops are really ignorant

17. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

regardless of if you were having issues with a car following or not... YOU got rear ended... which means they are in the wrong... enough said.. complain to Police HQ and file a report

18. billylee0000

my age: 19
    my race: asian

my car obviously, looks like its meant for "racing"

plus, to top it all off, it was on a friday night
    usually friday nights = ricer town mayhem
    which in turns = arsehole cops sometimes

btw
    the driver i apparently "hit" was a
    race: white
    and drove a lexus

19. EggRoll

did she handle it maturely and did she see the guy that hit you?

20. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

I should take that cop around some turns...... and hope he rolls.

21. EggRoll

LOL he would've in my car ;P

22. billylee0000

she didn't want no part of me becuase in her eyes it was me who hit her and she didn't see anyone else

23. EggRoll

=/ I hope things will work out for you. good luck!

24. billylee0000

let fuji keeps saying, i can always get a gc and do a swap :p

25. fobiawrx

fobiawrx Fabiola

and that is what i would do if i were you. cheep insurance and a lot smaller of a car payment if you take out a lone. and performance is far better with the less weight.

26. billylee0000

finally got the pictures up....ahsdasdksajd;
    these are pictures from my cellphone tuesday..finally got them up...ah......pictures turned out quite well considering it was my cellphone..but yeah..crazy damage :emo:

27. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

your are right....that's not a pretty sight....daym sorry bro

28. dipp

dipp Well-Known Member

did this happen on 94 westbound a couple of days ago? i drove by a car just like yours on a wrecker and shed a tear as a passed.

29. 6MTizzle

6MTizzle 2SLO

I don't see how the cops could dispute that you were sandwiched between two cars with the damage to the back of yours. If the cop was in the wrong and didn't really seem concerned with finding the other vehicle I would definitely file a complaint.

Edit - after looking at the pic again i'm guessing if the crash didn't cause the damage to the back of the car you would have ripped it completely off the car driving it like that so for the cop not to put that together is pretty amazing.

30. shorty5198

shorty5198 New Member

breaks my heart dude, sorry to hear it. hope all goes well

31. esperunit

take those pics to the judge and I guarantee you any charges against you would be dropped. Its pretty clear someone rear ended you.

32. blackozone

blackozone Well-Known Member

I think the cop was completely right. I think you're lying about getting rear-ended. You were probably going so fast it caused your back end to collapse when you made impact. Anyone should be able to tell, 'cause those m4D tyt3 JDM cars can go that fast, you know.

BTW: Get that cop's badge, he's a flipping moron.

33. Jackstand

Jackstand Well-Known Member

Im really sorry to hear about your car... Good luck and you should file a complaint against that cop for sure.

34. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

Wait, wasn't this a WMC car?

Come on, tell the truth. You rear ended her. A hummingbird flying behind you hit the back of your car and did that. WMC put some tinfoil in place of the sheet metal and that's why the rear end looks like that. Jeez, at least tell us the truth...

I keed, I keed. That really sucks man, I hope you get this straightened out.

35. billylee0000

94 eastbound :emo:

36. billylee0000

hahahaha

37. hella_sti

hella_sti Well-Known Member

damn that sucks, atleast save the pff7's!!

38. billylee0000

u know whats funny? even with the car wrecked...when i look at the rims on the car..it still looks damn sexy:biggrin:

39. billylee0000

i will probably show them to insurance if insurance themselves don't take any pictures

40. Always Watching

Always Watching New Member

Just for arguments sake let me play devil's advocate and ask all of you who did not actually WITNESS this accident two questions...

1. COULD it be possible that billylee0000 hit the car in front of him THEN, in a chain reaction, the driver behind struck him because they were following too close, (or perhaps intoxicated)?

2. If the driver was indeed intoxicated, had outstanding warrants, or did not have any insurance, MIGHT they have fled the scene even though they did not cause the accident?

It may seem strange to some, but people have been known to lie to the police (or a message board) to cover up their own fault.

I am not advocating that billylee0000 is lying, I am simply stating that since I did not witness the accident, I am only getting one side of the story. I do not actually know what happened at the scene, and therefore I am not going to make a judgement one way or the other.

billylee0000, I am sorry to hear (and see) what happened to your car. Best of luck to you in getting this all cleared up.

41. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

^^^^^Welcome to mnsubaru. How did you find "us"?

42. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

Seconded. Something seems a bit fishy with that one. I'm betting that'll be their one and only post. IP check please?

43. Paul Revere

Paul Revere BANNED

That is weird it doesn't even appear that Billylee had club sticker ??????

44. bikerwriter

Always Watching? That sounds pretty gay. It makes me think of the old pervert on Family Guy.

45. Paul Revere

Paul Revere BANNED

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.