All Mitsubishi Cookout and Car Show

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by Musashi, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

I got this from the http://forum.mnsportcompacts.net/showthread.php?t=7196

What do u guys say should we all go?

"Hey everyone,

The sixth annual All Mitsubishi Cookout and Car Show is coming up on Sunday, August 22nd, in Rogers, MN. This huge event is open to all Mitsubishi built cars. Last year's show featured 100 Mitsus spread across a nice grass lot at the Ellingson Car Museum. Its truely a unique event. We are expecting well over 100 cars at this years event. All the details can be found at:
    http://www.mn3s.org/all_mitsubishi2004.html

Hope to see you there,
    Curt"

2. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

I gave up all hope on MNSPORTCOMPACT... yall go ahead and have fun.

3. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by yosmiley

I gave up all hope on MNSPORTCOMPACT... <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Agreed.

:)

4. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by wall of tvs

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by yosmiley

I gave up all hope on MNSPORTCOMPACT... <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Agreed.

:)
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

<font color="red">Foe ShiZzo....</font id="red">

5. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

Why would you even consider going to this if you don't own a Mitsubishi? Check out their page and there's a clear list of who they've invited.

This has NOTHING to do with MN Sport Compacts, btw.

6. masube81

masube81 Well-Known Member

here's all the cookout for::eek:)

Who: owners of 3000GT, Stealth, Eclipse, Talon, Laser, Galant, EVO, Lancer, Starion, Conquest, Mirage, Diamante, Colt, Cordia, Avenger, Sebring coupe, and Stratus coupe.

7. yosmiley

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Zola

Why would you even consider going to this if you don't own a Mitsubishi? Check out their page and there's a clear list of who they've invited.

This has NOTHING to do with MN Sport Compacts, btw.

Joel, even if it's a MNSportCompact event... I wouldn't waste my time nor do they want me there anyway LOL. I have my reason ;)

8. Gspot

Gspot New Member

fill me in, Vic. My brother has a Starion, if we take that will there be free food?

9. yosmiley

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gspot

fill me in, Vic. My brother has a Starion, if we take that will there be free food?

Long story short... a few of the guys who own MNSportCompact and I have our differences with ethnic comment.

About the Mitsubishi cook out, just show up in your Subie and crash the party LOL. EVO and WRX both have rally and tarmac heritage through out Europe and Asia... I'm sure they'll welcome you with open arms. :D

10. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

Some say my Rs looks like an Evo...... Does it??? Of course guys this is comments from those who don't know anything about evos or rs's.

11. masube81

masube81 Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Yang

Some say my Rs looks like an Evo...... Does it??? Of course guys this is comments from those who don't know anything about evos or rs's.

:Dha :Dha :Dha yang that true not many people knows about the EVOS,RS or even my GT. some people even think that my GT also a RS too.:D:D:D

12. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

Even though I think the guy who organizes the Mitsu cookout is a complete douche, I would really urge you not to show up at their event. If they wanted other folks there they would have invited them. There are plenty of other opportunities over the summer to intermingle.

As for Vic's problem, I remember it now and though I understand his position, I think the whole thing was blown wildly out of proportion. As for MNSC people not wanting you around, that is patently false. If you choose not to go to their events, that's fine. If you have a problem with them however, make sure you hold everyone to the same standard...because there are WAY more people who use the term you are concerned about than just them. And I will guarantee you that 99% of them do not have the intentions that you think they do.

13. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

I just thought it would be kinda funny to hear what everyone would say, and I must say its kinda funny, well almost. :D

14. yosmiley

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Zola

As for Vic's problem, I remember it now and though I understand his position, I think the whole thing was blown wildly out of proportion. As for MNSC people not wanting you around, that is patently false. If you choose not to go to their events, that's fine. If you have a problem with them however, make sure you hold everyone to the same standard...because there are WAY more people who use the term you are concerned about than just them. And I will guarantee you that 99% of them do not have the intentions that you think they do.

Joel, I'm not sorry if I disagree with your MNSC buddies. Nuff said!

15. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

Vic, did some of the guys there call you a riceboy?

16. yosmiley

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kickin_81

Vic, did some of the guys there call you a riceboy?

Fong, here's a quick cap of what happen and how it all started: I said the reason why most of the (Asian) Import owner kids don't hang out with the domestic is because of the racist attitude they get from them... calling them Ricer this and that... yes, maybe to a white kid who drives an Import, it doesn't mean $H1t but to an Asian person, I (we) take that personally because of my experience dealing with people like them.

Chong yeah it is funny how it turns out now that you brought that up... I do recall my younger bloody racist fight in high school. Us smaller folks always some how come out on top... sending a few of them into the hospital.

In the principal's office, the white kids parent still doesn't understand why we beat the snot out of thier kids... That tells you how far the apple falls from the tree ;) I'm with Malcom X on this one... action speaks louder then word.

Every ethnic has their racist side, it's tolerance that brings us together. It's the bad apple that ruins it for everyone... vice/versa :D

17. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

So Vic,

does that mean I am not a ricer?:D:D:D:D

18. yosmiley

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Yang

So Vic,

does that mean I am not a ricer?:D:D:D:D

Yia, that depends on how you take it... now let's get back on topic here!