Amsoil = WOW!

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Substeroo, Feb 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Substeroo

Substeroo Well-Known Member

I changed my oil to the new Amsoil I just got and it is really nice stuff. The car even coasts better.

How long until I should change the filter?

2. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

The first change, I would do at 4-6 thousand miles, and the one after that you can go the full distance if you want. If you do decide to do the full 25000 miles, they recomend a filter change at 12,500. I usually run about 7-10 thousand miles and do a change (oil and filter).

Russ

3. Substeroo

I'll have to see if I think it's too sludgie (technical term) then I'll probably change it earlier. I put it in three vehicles. An Isuzu Trooper V6, a Forester and my Leg. I'm guessing that the V6 won't need it as bad as the other two at 4-6K but I'll change them then. I only have one more filter for each car though. I might need to order more from you? ;) We'll see. Thanks Russ.

4. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

OK, I still have a few filters. I picked up 12 of them when I went to pick everything else up. Just let me know.

Russ

5. Substeroo

Thanks will do. :cool:

6. EchoWrx

EchoWrx New Member

Amsoil is the bomb. The engine oil is very good. Best one Ive tried. It works well in my moving trucks and in my subaru. I would suggest an oil change every 4000 miles if you have time and love your Subie, but if not or it is in some other car change oil and filter every 7K to 10K. It will hold up. On my moving trucks and vans Im only changing oil twice a year. The times are in April and October whenits not to cold outside.

In my 7.5liter 8cyl truck the Amsoil takes longer (3 times longer) to burnoff & takes 1.5 times as long to look dark :) Its an old truck but works great, and better with Amsoil.

Luck

7. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

I just put synthetic Amsoil gear lube in my rex and I noticed a huge difference, especially when its chilly outside...

8. k_thaosta

k_thaosta Well-Known Member

Hey russ, i may need some more engine oil pretty soon, i will let you know...

1:???:could i use the same gear oil into the rear diff as i did the tranny or is that a different oil?

2:???:how could i change the center diff oil, or is that connected to the tranny or the rear diff?

(i think i already asked these ?'s, but i forgot)

9. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

You can't change the fluid in the center diff, that's a sealed viscous unit.

10. Substeroo

I don't think I have a center diff. :???: Hmmmm...

I am going to go all synthetic all around.

What viscosities are good to go with??

11. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Kong, just let me know what you need. You can use the same gear lube in the rear and tranny, you just don't want to use the series 2000 in the tranny (to slippery). Your front and center is all part of the tranny fluid, but the actual center fluid (stuff inside the diff), can't be changed (unless you pull the diff). Noah, 75-90 is good.

Russ

12. Substeroo

Thanks! Got any I could buy? I need Tranny (auto) and diff fluid. Also will need some more oil/filters soon.

13. k_thaosta

k_thaosta Well-Known Member

ok russ... i'll probably change my rear diff oil some time soon... i still have like 2 bottles of the gear oil left so that should be more than enough...

14. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

The rear diff is less than 1 bottle (.8 quarts).

Russ

15. EchoWrx

EchoWrx New Member

I ve got the some Amsoil I buy and sell because Ive got the dealers membership. I ve got some extra gear oil and would sell some at the dealer price too :mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.