Another Rex in the pen

Discussion in 'The Welcome Mat' started by wsh4sno, Apr 25, 2016.

1. wsh4sno

wsh4sno Member

Hello Internet. I have finally signed myself up for what will most likely become my latest obsession. But what better place to drool, dream, and disagree about cars?

I have owned my 2014 WRX for about a year and a half now, and have never driven a car that makes me happier. I traded my longtime love, a 3000GT Spyder, for it and held back tears the entire drive home. The tears have given way to elation as I cannot get enough of that turbo, rowing my own gears, year-round capability, and of course, entry into the elite club here of Subaru owners.

I would love to meet up with you gentlemen and ladies, particularly at any type of rally event. Someone mentioned there is a decently well known race that comes through Detroit Lakes that I would enjoy attending/helping out at. Let's get some dates coordinated.

2. wagonsrumble

wagonsrumble Member

Welcome to the forum! Theres a Tuesday night meet that a few ppl go to. Then theres the Lacrosse cruise. Check out the events thread and youll find a lot of stuff there. And if you want to meet up with a couple closer members to you there are a few of us around Champlin and Id be willing to meet up somewhere depending on the day and time and all that

wsh4sno likes this.
  3. silver03

silver03 Well-Known Member

@wsh4sno Welcome aboard! Did I meet you at the Twin Cities Auto Show by chance?

4. Jnguyen

Jnguyen Well-Known Member

I went to the Ojibwe Forest Rally last year and it was awesome! The dates this year are August 26-27th 2016. There are a couple people who volunteer that are on MNSubaru as well. @drac77 would be someone to talk to if you are interested in volunteering.

5. drac77

drac77 Well-Known Member

Welcome! The Ojibwe Forest Rally has been put back on the Rally America Championship as of 2013. The best way to get up close with the cars and drivers without having to stand in long lines for autographs at the parc expose is volunteering! Check it out: http://ojibweforestrally.com/register-to-volunteer hope to see you there! @Jnguyen see you there I hope! Geez that reminds me I never posted the pics/videos from last year and it's almost time again. Gotta get on that..:blink:

Jnguyen likes this.
  6. wsh4sno

wsh4sno Member

Thanks for the welcome. I spoke with a Rick at the auto show while sitting in an STi. Do you think that was you?

7. wsh4sno

wsh4sno Member

That's just what I'm looking for. You guys never fail to impress!

8. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

^This guy was the Rick that you talked to.

9. tehfuzz

tehfuzz Well-Known Member

Hello.

10. silver03

silver03 Well-Known Member

That was me indeed. I believe I handed you a rally guide for 2016.

11. wsh4sno

wsh4sno Member

Well the credit goes to you for getting another member on board. I hear your finder's fee is in the mail!

Seriously, though, thanks for getting me on here. And thanks again for that brochure.

12. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

He is more rhan just a pretty face! Lol. We had/have a member called @PRA4SNO also. :)

Welcome to the forum! Definitely keep an eye out for club events and also consider going to some local LOL SCCA rallyx events!

Schedule...
    https://www.motorsportreg.com/orgs/scca/land-o-lakes