Antra Auto Darkening Welding Helmet

Discussion in 'FS: Everything else' started by Shancaldazar, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Shancaldazar

Shancaldazar Well-Known Member

Have an Antra AH6-660-6320 auto darkening welding helmet. Asking $50

This helmet is a fairly nice entry level auto darkening welding helmet for the hobbiest/part time welder. It blocks 100 percent of ultraviolet(UV) and infrared (IR) wavelengths even when not darkened (ANSI/ISEA Z87.1-2015). Can adjust from shade 5-9 and 9-13 (toggle switch) making this helmet good from low amps (5-10, and even lower brightness processes like plasma cutting, torch welding, etc) to high amps (300-400 depending on which welding process). Also has a switch to change the shade and put it in grind mode in the proper location- on the outside of the helmet (why all welding helmets don't have this, I don't know...)! Adjustable sensitivity and dark to light time.

Has a 1/1/1/2 clarity rating (same as most mid to high end helmets, 1 is the highest rating for each category, the only category it is rated a 2 in is "angular dependance," e.g. clarity of objects in your peripheral vision/at an angle).

Under 500g weight, making it a fairly light helmet. Head gear is good, not miller digital elite or Lincoln viking levels of comfort, but good for an hour or two of welding at a time with no discomfort. Has a ratcheting adjustment for quickly putting in on/taking it off.

Also has replaceable headgear, lens covers, and standard sized batteries that are all available on Amazon, so it's not like some cheap AD helmets where once you screw up the $2 lens cover, it's impossible to find replacement parts. Also can buy cheater (magnifier) inserts if you need those too. I have 2 or 3 front lens covers and 1 inside lens covers that I'll include with it too.

Four full sensors for picking up the initial arc flash and a 1/25000 of a second reaction time. Large viewing size at 3.78"X2.50"

Selling since I'll be getting a Miller/Lincoln/Optrel, just have to decide which one and order it...

Let me know if you're interested and you can try it out if you want. Could even show you some spray arc double pulse aluminum MIG too.

IMG_3125.jpg IMG_3126.jpg
    IMG_3127.jpg
    IMG_3128.jpg
    IMG_3129.jpg

Attached Files: