Any Subaru shops that do general maintenance?

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by tx9h6e4cuda, Jan 22, 2018.

1. tx9h6e4cuda

tx9h6e4cuda New Member

Good snowy afternoon
    My 2007 Impreza (non WRX) has developed an RPM dependant whine. It sounds like a power steering whine but it doesn't change in sound when I turn the wheels. I flushed the power steering fluid and it looked clean with no shavings. It sounds like it coming from either the alternator or AC compressor area. My car only has 65,000 miles.

Now I do not want to start throwing parts at it, I figure I would bring it in.

Are there any trusted non-chain shops that does straight repair work on these cars?

Any help is appreciated as my trusted mechanic just shut his doors down at the beginning of the year.

2. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

https://www.jmautomn.com/

Go see Jesse and the guys at JM. They do everything from maintenance to custom builds and tuning.

JasonoJordan and LASERBLUE135 like this.
  3. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

Paul at Woody's Garage in Blaine is excellent. They do mostly Subaru's as well.

Niz likes this.
  4. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

My top recommendation, which also happens to be somewhat close to you, is Pat Doyle at DG Auto Repair and Service (South St. Paul). He was a former mechanic at a Subaru dealer and opened up his own shop a few years back. Nice guy, very clean, well-organized shop, and fair prices. Tell them that Jordan that had the white STI sent you ;)

tangledupinblu likes this.
  5. Niz

Niz Well-Known Member

Anyone have suggestions for around the Roseville (and surrounding) areas? Not necessary specializing in Subarus but just a solid shop that I can take for minor stuff or drop by if I have any issues.