Any Suggestion For A Pre-Xmas Event?

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by tbone, Dec 14, 2004.

1. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

I was wonder if we have a get together for all Subaru Family before Christmas and wish Happy Holidays everyone. The thing is WHERE and WHEN. Posted this thread for ideas or suggestions. HAPPY HOLIDAYS:I

2. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

i am up for this. no idea where tho.

3. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

MNracing.org going sledding at elm creek at maple grove wonder if it is an idea. Maybe we can have an competion versus them. COMMONS?:D

4. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by tbone

I was wonder if we have a get together for all Subaru Family before Christmas and wish Happy Holidays everyone. The thing is WHERE and WHEN. Posted this thread for ideas or suggestions. HAPPY HOLIDAYS:I
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Tommy, are you asking... if we're having a group event or some sort of gathering before the Holiday?

If that's your question... my answer is No... if there is one, it would've been posted by now.

5. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

Happy Holiday VIC!!!

6. yosmiley

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by tbone

Happy Holiday VIC!!!

Happy Holiday Tommy! so what do you suggest we do bro?

I have some idea and I'll shoot but see whose interested in helping me make this happen. Input is greatly appreciated as that's the hardest part about our club... is getting people to commit and make it happen.

Just let it all out, you won't be stepping on my toe so don't worry about the other peoples toe. I think it's time we have a good talk in here to discuss event and ideas.

1. Have an event at a local Restaurant (chinese, greek, italian, american, anything food related $5-8 dollar a dish). We'll have a secret santa gift exchange for those attending, each can bring one gift worth no more then $5-10 bucks. (Perkins, Culvers, Baker Square or Apple Bee's etc.)

2. Have an event at someones place (I have a feeling I'm the only one on this site willing to host). We'll all chip in on a Turkey ($3-5 bucks ea. and I'll prepare and cook it for us. We'll have a similar game event like I had one last week. We'll still have the secret santa gift exchange going on as well.

3. We can get together at one of the local Bowling Alley and bowl as mention by Jordan and make it a Holiday event. We'll still include the secret santa gift exchange just to get that Holiday theme going.

7. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

nobody ever shows up for these events

8. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

9. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

I am up for anything. I havent met you guys yet and would like to. However, if we eat at vic's will it be safe to eat the food? Ha!

10. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

I'm game, the closer to Xmas, the easier it will be for me to make it. I like all of the already posted ideas (especially the restaraunt one, maybe ridgedale?). Anyway, someone set a date, maybe the 27th? and a location, and I'll see you there!

And, for the record, I'd be willing to host at my house, but I'm 3 hours from the cities, and won't be there after the 22nd.

11. morganm

morganm New Member

This weekend is the last weekend before Christmas... how about SAT or SUN? You started this tbone; make some decisions! :D Where? When?

I think ppl will show up. Almost a dozen showed up at the last MN Subaru Meet and Greet.

Also don't forget about the JAN 01 Meet and Greet :mrgreen:
    http://www.mnsubaru.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1202

12. yosmiley

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Yang

I think the event should be planned w/o worrying about commitment and $$. Just Have one scheduled at a restaurant/bowling or something so the ones that do show up can pay for their fun. Paying ahead of time means commitment but theres those last min decisions.

There is always the 'usuals' that make it out to every meet. 3 guys is enough to call it a meet. The more, the merrier:D

Yia, I value your input but I would really look hard and long before I post.

You go to college right? What is the meaning of commitment? Even my kids in elementary can tell me this. Those who are committed on your behalf end up paying for you because you failed to show up. Nothing is free... when you drive up to an event, you end up putting gas in your car already so why bother coming if you don't have the fund to gas up your car. Come on man, I've been through school too and I understand when there's lack of funding but to say you'll be there and back out is another. Now that's commitment and has nothing to do with funding.

If you guys can't say YES then just say NO, I'll rather have that then the MAYBE because that ruins it to those who are committed. Yes, everyone has priority and don't talk to me about priority... because if that is so important, you would have figure what that is already.

We don't want your pity and yes, this is a no holds bar :D

13. Beej

Beej New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Yang

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by yosmiley

I think the event should be planned w/o worrying about commitment and $$. Just Have one scheduled at a restaurant/bowling or something so the ones that do show up can pay for their fun. Paying ahead of time means commitment but theres those last min decisions.

There is always the 'usuals' that make it out to every meet. 3 guys is enough to call it a meet. The more, the merrier:D

x2.

Yia, I value your input but I would really look hard and long before I post.

You go to college right? What is the meaning of commitment? Even my kids in elementary can tell me this. Those who are committed on your behalf end up paying for you because you failed to show up. Nothing is free... when you drive up to an event, you end up putting gas in your car already so why bother coming if you don't have the fund to gas up your car. Come on man, I've been through school too and I understand when there's lack of funding but to say you'll be there and back out is another. Now that's commitment and has nothing to do with funding.

If you guys can't say YES then just say NO, I'll rather have that then the MAYBE because that ruins it to those who are committed. Yes, everyone has priority and don't talk to me about priority... because if that is so important, you would have figure what that is already.

We don't want your pity and yes, this is a no holds bar :D

LTD:

What I'm trying to say is Just have the event on schedule. Don't do a pay first thing or there'll never be anyone. Have something planned so whoever attends can pay for themselves (restaurant-hong kong noodles). From the looks of it, it seems like lots are interested. If you don't have funds for fuel then take the bus better yet catch a ride. I'll probably be there along with the usuals. If it's not worth your time/hassle then dont show up at all.

X2

14. Xcelor8

Xcelor8 Well-Known Member

I'd be interested, but honestly this is just a really bad time of year to try and get any group of people to do something, heck try and get your family to agree on going to one place.

Your best options are to just do something, get 3-5 people together and do something and leave the invitation open for other to show, maybe they will, but the probably won't, atleast you'll have a couple people to hang with. Maybe just getting together at some restaurant, although it's nice people are willing to have it at their place and even cook dinner, honestly it probably wouldn't be the best choice for december. I also think as much as you guys would like to do this before christmas, it probably better the week after.

Would I attend? I dunno, but if you just go ahead and plan something with a couple of you guys and leave an open invitation, and I end up with free time I'd try and make it out, but this month being so busy it's hard to say in good advance. Prokart sounded cool, but I know I couldn't commit to a time and date very well, so rather than say yeah I'd be there and not show, so I didn't post on that topic. Sounds like some people put some hard work into the idea, it's too bad it's december, and I'm out of vacation time. :(

-Nick

15. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Like morgan said, you guys are all invited to our USMB meet, sure, it'll be mostly "old-schoolers" and there might (ok, will) be some wheelin' but there will be passenger space, don't stay home cuz you're afraid to break your ride.

16. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

WOAH!! it sound like I shouldn't make this thread. Sorry ya.
    But friday night thing would be nice day, Saturday? I have to make sure to take it off, but I want to see how many ppl are down with that event. I was thinkink MOA and players playing pool, but Vic came up with a brilliant idea.

17. yosmiley

Don't count on an event taking place this Month.

I’m going with Matt and Russ to Chicago… wish us a Happy Trail :D

18. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by yosmiley

Don't count on an event taking place this Month.

I’m going with Matt and Russ to Chicago… wish us a Happy Trail :D

LOL Yeah! We should start to plan a summer trip for this year!

19. Gspot

Gspot New Member

I graduate in June.

20. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

dun dun duhhh. ROAD TRIP! lol
    i am game for a meet before xmas or after. (wotn be free on eve's and xmas/newyears days)
    sledding is always fun, so is driving in the snow}:)
    hey chux how much parking do you have at your place? (would be cool to have a meet there)

21. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

Have good trip to all of ya. Come back safe, I heard Chicago cops are no Jokes. Beware!!!

22. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Dynapar

hey chux how much parking do you have at your place? (would be cool to have a meet there)<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I've got room for at least 3, probably 5 off the alley behind, and then street parking in front, usually room for 3 or 4 more cars on my block. And you guys are all welcome anytime I'm around, just give me a heads up, but considering our inablility to gather people for a local meet, I doubt we could get 'em together for a 3 hour road trip.

23. kongzilla

kongzilla Well-Known Member

i'm up for anything. but there is no snow to be sliding on.

or we could go tubing at green ackers on hiway 36 then if anyone has the balls big enough. we can hit the demon trial.