Anyone deal with Walser Subaru?

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by sjwelna, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjwelna

sjwelna Well-Known Member

The one on the south side of the cities. I made them a reasonable offer on a used Outback and they're telling me about how they don't haggle on pricing. Yeah right..... Just curious if anyone else has any experience with them.

I went and looked at another Outback up at Morrie's in Minnetonka, and was NOT impressed with the sales guy I talked to. I forget his name, but his desk was immediately to the left of the side door entering the building from the used lot. (left side of the building facing the front) Very pushy and told me when test driving the car to hit the gas at the beginning of an on ramp and then lift throttle in the middle of the turn to feel the grip of the awd!!!!!! :ugh: :eek3: Hello lift throttle over steer anyone? Anyway I wasn't impressed with the condition of the car for the price/miles and he seemed hell bent on trying to get me to walk out the door with it after not even 45 minutes of chat/test drive.

-Steve

2. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

That's Walser's whole thing. No negotiating. Take it our leave it.

3. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Walser's are a "one time low price" dealership. If you want to haggle you need to try a different dealership

4. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Also, Walser tends to give much better prices on trade-ins in my experience, which means they have less margin when selling them in the first place.

5. MPLSREX

MPLSREX Well-Known Member

That's where I bought my WRX with some mods over 2 yrs ago and got a good price. It had around 36,000 miles and I paid $14,700. Cheaper than any other I found at that time.
    On the other hand Walser Mazda screwed me over big about 12 yrs ago, and they got in some trouble with the state/gov and that's why they have the no haggle pricing.

6. sjwelna

Ok, so it is a store policy? I was just seeing if I was getting messed around with or not. Never heard of a dealership that didn't haggle period on the price of used cars...... The sales people at Walser all seemed cool, though the concept of no-haggle car sales from a dealership is totally foreign to me.

-Steve

7. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Any Walser dealership, not just the Subaru one.

We got our Altima at the Walser Nissan down there. I like it. I hate playing the whole haggling game. If I have to do it, I will make the salesman regret it, and I will play as dirty as I have to. But given the option to just skip it all and only pay a little more for the car, I'll pick the option that lets me stay a nice guy. And like I said, they paid much, much better for our trade-in than anyone else offered, by like 25+%.

8. 125cc

125cc Well-Known Member

Talk to Mark Frost at Walser Subaru. I bought my STI from him. He is a genuine Subaru guy and understands customer service.

Direct: 952-435-9626
    Email: [email protected]

9. sjwelna

I had been talking to Stephanie, however I think I will be traveling up there tomorrow to talk turkey about the car.

-Steve

10. Outfly

Outfly New Member

Stephanie just started there, she'd nice, but you should work with Mark Frost. He's knows his Subies and he's way nice. I just bought my car from him. Walser has some GREAT incentives as far as lifetime oil changes/ Car washes and gas discounts.

11. sjwelna

Yeah, I'm heading out soon to go pick it up basically. Unfortunately for me the free oil changes/etc isn't really a draw because I live in Rochester and taking 3 hours of my time a 20 bucks in gas to get a 'free' oil change isn't really appealing, though it will be nice if I'm swinging through the area. I'm going to see if they can at least throw me a 6-pack of oil filters/crush rings and maybe a gallon of tranny fluid in light of me not using the freebies. I'll let you guys know.

-Steve

12. saimasta

saimasta New Member

I also work at the walser subaru. If anyone needs help let me know. I'll be straight forward and sincere to anyone even if you want to drive the car and not buying for 3 months.

For anyone who does not know, walser has been doing the Hassle/Haggle free since october of 2002. It is has been going very well. Morries and Denny Hecker's are going to a one low price very soon also, I am not sure if they will do it like walser but people are catching on and following the trend.

Cell: 952-607-1167
    Email: [email protected]

13. sjwelna

I ended up buying the Outback from Walser. Everything went quickly and painlessly and without a hitch, very nice people to deal with. I brought the car home only to find out that both low beams were burnt out and they are going to take care of me in terms of fixing it even though I'm about 1.5 hours away. I would definitely recommend this dealership.

-Steve

14. BoBo82

BoBo82 Member

walser is non-commission---or something like that, they don't do deals. it's one price, as you have probably been told a few times already... (I didn't even read the responses yet).

15. BoBo82

BoBo82 Member

^^^ old news I guess. congrats on the purchase.

16. techy101

techy101 Well-Known Member

Honestly, just go to an auto parts store. A set of lamps will cost you < $20 and they're cake to install.

17. sjwelna

Yeah I got a pair from Carquest for about 25 bucks and when talking to my salesperson again as a follow-up call, I told them about the double-burnt out headlights and they said they would pay me back via check for the replacements. Can't complain, good people up there at Walser.

-Steve

18. saimasta

saimasta New Member

Steve, I want to thank you for the purchase from our store. We strive to be the best sales people and easy to deal with! Hope you come back for your next vehicle!

Hope you all will check out our new store scheduled to open on November 15th, 2008.

19. esperunit

esperunit Well-Known Member

I bought a car from Walser once.

Never again.

It should be called "One high price." And "get bent financing"

20. saimasta

saimasta New Member

How long ago did you buy car?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.