Anyone have experience with Jeff Belzer's?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by gtcruiser33, Sep 14, 2015.

1. gtcruiser33

gtcruiser33 Well-Known Member

Hey Everyone,

Does anyone here have experience with Jeff Belzer's in Lakeville? I am in the market for a minivan due to a growing family, and the prices they have listed appear to be well below what other dealerships are asking for similar models. We are specifically looking at a Grand Caravan.

Before I make the drive up there, I wanted to see if anyone had prior experience with them good or bad.

Thanks.

2. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

Do they still put their dealer advertising stickers on the front fenders (usually trucks) rather than the back of the vehicle like everybody else? That alone would make me avoid them. Good luck with your search.

Stormtrooper1 likes this.
  3. derp

derp Well-Known Member

Mazda MP5

tehfuzz likes this.
  4. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Toyota Sienna or Honda Odyssey.

I'd even seriously consider a 4-cyl Sienna, had one as a rental in June and was really surprised that it didn't give up a lot vs. our V6 Sienna.

Toyota gets all the little functionality things right that make for a great family hauler, plus they're super easy to do basic maintenance on.

5. gtcruiser33

I get that a Toyota or Honda might be a more refined or "classier" for lack of a better term, but I'd be looking at something with ~50K miles on in compared to brand new.

I've never been to the dealership, just basing it on prices listed online.

Thanks gents.

6. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

That's much kinder than I'd put it. I would drive a 5+ year old Sienna or Odyssey over a brand new Chrysler/Dodge, even if the price was the same or more. Buying a used Chrysler product just means someone else got the only (relatively) good years out of it.

We bought our Sienna as a Toyota Certified used vehicle with 22K on the clock. nearly $10k off new price, looked and drove like it just rolled out of the factory and has a Toyota (not 3rd party) warranty to 100K miles.

EricS and clajiness like this.
  7. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

8. gtcruiser33

Sure I get what you're saying, belzers has several new under $20K, which I thought seemed pretty low, hence my looking for anyone who had experience with them.

9. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Yeah, I misread that I thought you were looking used. Anyhow, beyond it being a Chrysler, I can't say a whole lot about Belzer's. My dad worked there for a while a long time ago, and never had anything negative to say about the company, so that's a plus. Their parts department (at least on the GM side) is crazy overpriced compared to other dealers in the area (same small parts cost 2-5x as much as at Valley Auto GMC).

10. gtcruiser33

Thanks for the info, since I am down in Rochester I will likely have it serviced at the Chrysler dealership here. I would purchase one here too but the prices arent even close on them.

11. Stormtrooper1

Stormtrooper1 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what year grand caravan you are looking at. But if it's the 2010/11 range make sure the doors have been corrected. Friend has one and the paint was getting rubbed off the sides of the van by the sliding doors. Theirs has a bunch of odd issues too. Like the blind spot monitor sometimes just goes crazy.

Chrysler vans are roomier than toyotas. But personally I'm just not a Chrysler guy.

12. gtcruiser33

okay good to know, looking at a 15' or 16' with no miles essentially. Looking at maybe end of October or early November to go check one out.