Anyone want a case of beer?

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by leesungjun, May 10, 2017.

1. leesungjun

leesungjun New Member

So I'm new to subarus but not new to cars. I just put my intake manifold back on with new gaskets, new fuel and vacuum lines, and spark plugs. The engine is turning over but doesnt even try to start. Next weekend im going to bust the multi meter out and see if im getting any spark and if my injectors are firing. Im getting fuel to the rail, Have all vacuum lines and plugs hooked up. Anyone have experience with an accessport anti theft tune? was reading about that being able to mess things up, but i dont have an accessport. When I bought the car I was told that it was remapped to a stage 2, but ive had the battery removed for the last month so does that clear the map? It is a 2004 sti with exhaust and intake. If anyone wants to help out hit me up.

I guess I forgot to mention that I pulled everything apart because I was having random misfiring issues, where the car would die every once in a while.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  2. jmyhre05

jmyhre05 Well-Known Member

Make sure feed and return lines are on the correct lines, common thing for newbs. Any check engine light? Try scanning and see if there is any codes. Quite a few sensors, both heads have cam sensors and avcs sensors, block has crank and knock sensors. Boost leak test for vacuum lines disconnected. And make sure coil packs have the lighter clips in the front and dark ones in the back.

Codes are a big clue here to help you, check fuel lines first, then for codes.

3. Mnelson

Mnelson Well-Known Member

I'm assuming you gapped the plugs that are the right temp range.. So maybe invest in a small spray can of starter fluid. See if it cranks a little more with some liquid confidence... And no, not the stuff you get at the bar.

But the ecu is flashed with a map and won't come off until you flash something different to it. Anti theft would need a flash too, and doesn't just turn on.

Oh going further, you can tell a lot by the condition of the plugs and what cylinders they come from. If you do get the car running, see if the new plugs are burnt or wet.

A compression test can be done if you have the plugs out.

4. leesungjun

leesungjun New Member

Well I guess this was a little bit of a preemptive post since I really hadn't gone through everything due to the sun going away. I did have some time today and ran codes and found out i did have a few plugs not hooked up behind the alternator. Tightened everything up and runs great with no codes. Thanks for the replies though.

phi11, Mnelson and tangledupinblu like this.
  5. project/driven

project/driven Well-Known Member

Good job man! Always feels good to solve a non starting car issue.